Question about Washing Machines
I will assume that this is a top loader?
The spindle in the middle most likely has excess play. Grab the center spindle and see if it moves up and down. If so, it will need repair or replacement. If you aren't up to tackling this yourself, you will have to find a local repair shop. You can attempt repair yourself if you have basic tools and an afternoon free, and are at least slightly mechanically inclined. Remove the belt and the drum to access the spindle mount. Check the mounting bolts and make sure they are tight. If the bolts are tight and there is still excessive play, the drum will have to be replaced.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
your washer has developed a bad habit of snagging and/or tearing
your clothes; before tossing your washer, try these few tips:
1) Check, by hand, the smoothness of your washer. Look for any broken fins or roughness on the basket surface. Replace, if necessary.
2) Reduce the size of your loads. Heavy, cramped loads can cause a lot of friction which leads to tears.
3) Reduce the amount of bleach used. Bleach can eat holes in clothing.
4) Verify water level is not too low, especially during rinse cycle, where snags are more apt to occur.
5) Consider placing delicates in a garment wash bag
6) Front load washers have no center agitator, so they are less likely to tear clothes.
could be that theres something inside the washer that isn't supposed to get in there, maybe metal got in with the clothes, do step 1 with great detail and care to find out if theres something sticking out, careful not to cut your hand.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 30, 2015 | Washing Machines
Oct 03, 2014 | Washing Machines
Jul 09, 2013 | Bosch Nexxt Platinum WFMC640SUC
Mar 27, 2011 | Washing Machines
Apr 15, 2010 | Kenmore 43142 Front Load Washer
Apr 08, 2010 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE3 Front Load Washer
Apr 08, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Aug 14, 2018 | Maytag Washing Machines
Aug 14, 2018 | Washing Machines
90 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!