Question about Vtech V.reader Reading System
Posted by Anonymous on
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 30, 2012 | Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Calculator
on Jul 11, 2011 | Cell Phones
on Feb 09, 2008 | Motorola Mobility L6 Cellular Phone
Nov 18, 2011 | Vtech V.Reader Interactive Reading System
Jun 11, 2011 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
Dec 19, 2010 | Motorola Cell Phones
The refrigerator/freezer defrost system can be checked by
manually initiating a defrost cycle. There
are two methods of initiating the ADC Test Mode.
First Test Method:
1. Turn the thermostat off for 15 seconds.
2. Turn the thermostat on for 5 seconds.
3. Turn the thermostat off for 15 seconds.
4. Turn the thermostat on for 5 seconds.
5. Turn the thermostat off for 15 seconds.
6. Turn the thermostat on for 5 seconds.
7. Turn the thermostat off.
In 3 to 8 seconds the ADC should turn on the defrost heater (with the bimetal closed). NOTE: The test mode will terminate when the bimetal opens. If the refrigerator/freezer is already in defrost, Test Mode can be terminated by unplugging the refrigerator/freezer from the wall outlet and waiting 30 seconds before plugging it back in. The refrigerator/freezer should immediately go into cooling mode if the thermostat is closed.
If this first test procedure fails to make the ADC initiate a defrost cycle, try the following procedure to make the ADC begin the Test Mode.
Second Test Method:
1. Disconnect the refrigerator/freezer from the wall outlet for at least 30 seconds.
2. Turn the thermostat off.
3. Reconnect power to the refrigerator/freezer.
Within 3 to 8 seconds the ADC should turn on the defrost heater (with the bimetal close). If the unit fails to go into the defrost mode during this test, the problem may not be with the ADC. A defective bimetal may be the cause of the failure. The ADC will only go into a test mode if the bimetal
is closed. If the ADC senses an open bimetal it will return to the cooling mode within 3 to 8 seconds.
HELPFUL HINT: Upon entering the Test Mode, the relay mounted on the ADC board should turn off the compressor and turn on the defrost heater. Listen for the relay to click.
• If the relay clicks one time when entering the Test Mode, check for continuity in the defrost heater.
• If the relay clicks two times, check for an open bimetal.
Nov 26, 2010 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Feb 17, 2010 | T-Mobile Sidekick
Nov 26, 2009 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3
Jan 06, 2009 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: