Question about Radio Communications
After installing the antenna, follow these steps to adjust the
standing wave ratio(SWR).
1. Turn on the CB.
2. Set S/RF/SWR/CAL to CAL.
3. Key the Mic and rotate SWR CAL so the meter points
4. Unkey Mic.
5. Set S/RF/SWR/CAL to SWR.
6. Key Mic again and note the actual measurement on
the SWR scale. Refer to the following table to interpret
1:1 - 1.5 Great
1.5 - 2:1 OK
2:1 - 3:1 Not So Good
Higher than 3.1:1 Terrible
Posted on Jan 30, 2010
1) push the button marked S/RF / SWR / CAL to CAL
2) Hold in the button on the mic
3) Turn the SWR CAL knob until the needle is over set to the far right of the meter
4) flick the switch (in step 1) to SWR
Your SWR reading will be displayed. The more to the left the better..
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2014 | Radio Communications
Dec 29, 2010 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
Oct 27, 2010 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
Aug 22, 2010 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
Nov 17, 2009 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
Sep 15, 2009 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
Sep 07, 2008 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
359 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!