Question about Sony Prs-t1 Pearl Red 6" Ebook Reader With Wi-fi
It will keep the page of the book being read, but if the reader is completely turned off, it will not. When turning reader back on, I need to look up the book I was reading and figure out what page I was on when I closed the reader.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: my psp wont read the games
Have you upgraded the firmware? if not go to sony's site and download the firmware and from there load it to your memory stick and update. this should resolve the issue. you can also update the system if you are wireless and can get internet access on your psp. if this does not work get in toutch with sony thay will advise you wether it can be fixed or if you need a new on..
Posted on Jul 27, 2009
SOURCE: Cannot read CDs, can read DVDs
If it would have been a soft problem it wouldn't have worked at all, the driver is for the unit, not just for a function. Most likely it's a HW problem: either the laser died or the lens is dirty - try cleaning it.
Btw if your unit can't read cd's how those morons at the shop expect that you could reinstall (or repair) your Windows?
Test your unit your self: take it out, put it in another laptop (or in an external case and attach it to another pc and check there. If it's dead then replace it with a new one - preferably a dvd-writer of any mark.
Posted on Sep 12, 2009
If you will not use the Reader for 1 week, the battery will be drained. This is normal operation. But, if the Reader is showing only 1battery bar within less than a week even after charging it fully, there might be an issue occcured with the Reader. In that case, please chekc whether you've charged the Reader by connetcing the Reader to a USB version 2.0 port of the Computer.
If the issue still occurrs, please try resetting the Reader by pressing the RESET button using a sharp-pointed object.
Above mentioned steps should resolve the issue. If the issue still persists, service of the Reader may required.
Posted on Jan 19, 2010
The Reader may not turn on, or it may appear to be frozen if the unit needs to be reset, the battery is completely discharged or moisture condensation has occurred.
Please perform the below mentioned steps and check whether it helps.
Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the Reader status after completing each step.
1. Connect the Reader to a USB connection or optional AC adapter. Allow approximately 5 min for it to turn on. If it does not turn on automatically, try to turn it on again. If it still does not turn on, continue with the rest of this procedure.
2. Perform a soft reset. Just press the RESET button using a sharp-pointed object
3. After the RESET button has been pressed, slide the POWER switch to activate the Reader again. If the Indicator light next to the power button on the Reader is yellow , the unit is attempting to start up. If this is the case, allow it a few moments to complete startup.
4. If startup did not complete, connect the Reader to the computer or optional AC adapter and perform a soft reset again.
5. Disconnect the Reader from the computer (if applicable) and then slide the POWER switch to activate the Reader. Check if the Indicator light next to the power switch on the Reader is yellow (indicating it is turning on) and if the unit is responding.
6. If the unit is not responding but Starting up... is displayed on the screen, attempt a hard reset.
7. If the unit is still frozen, connect it again to the computer or optional AC adapter and while connected, check if the Indicator light next to the power switch on the reader is red . If this light is red , allow the Reader to charge for one hour so there is sufficient charge for troubleshooting.
* If your computer goes into hibernation or sleep mode, charging will stop and the red charge indicator on the Reader will turn off.
* It is recommended to charge the Reader while you are using the computer or to adjust your sleep/hibernation settings of your computer to avoid any interruption in the charging process. You also can use the optional AC Adapter model ACS-5220E.
8. Once the Reader has sufficient charge, perform these troubleshooting steps again.
9. Under certain circumstances, moisture condensation can occur. Moisture condensation can be caused by moving the Reader between temperature extremes or if the Reader has come in direct contact with moisture. If you suspect moisture as the cause, allow the Reader to sit for a few hours before attempting to turn it back on.
General notes regarding the battery status:
* You can verify the charge status by disconnecting the Reader from the computer and checking the battery indicator. The battery indicator will display 4 black bars when it is fully charged.
* It will take approximately 4 hours to achieve a full charge with a computer. It will take approximately 2 hours to achieve a full charge with the optional AC Adapter.
If the issue still persists, service of the Reader is required. Please follow the below link to get it repaired:
Posted on Jan 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 17, 2017 | Tablets & eReaders
Jul 17, 2011 | Sony Reader Touch PRS-600
Jul 11, 2011 | Sony Reader Pocket PRS-300
Jul 10, 2011 | Sony Reader Touch PRS-600
May 28, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 15, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 06, 2011 | PANDIGITAL 7" Digital Photo Frame With...
Jul 14, 2017 | Sony Reader Pocket PRS-300
Jul 26, 2010 | Adobe Computers & Internet
Apr 17, 2009 | Sony E-reader Portable E-book MP3 Player
Feb 25, 2013 | Sony Prs-t1 Pearl Red 6" Ebook Reader With...
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: