How do I display an alternate name (ex: nickname, maiden name) on my Timeline?
If you'd like to list a second name on your account (ex: maiden name, nickname, professional name), you can add an alternate name
from your account settings
To display an alternate name:
- Click at the top right of any Facebook page and select Settings.
- Click General in the left column.
- Find the setting Name and click Edit to the far right.
- Enter your alternate name. Learn about our alternate name policies.
- Check Include this on my Timeline to have your alternate name listed on your Timeline. Otherwise, it will only help people find you in search.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: If you checked the box to have your alternate name listed on your Timeline, it'll appear next to your name at the top of your personal Timeline. It'll also show up next to your name in search results and any friend requests you send. If you have a large number of followers
, you may be prompted to verify your account when you add an alternate name to your Timeline.