Question about ASUS RTN56U Wireless Router
I have a Asus rt-n12 router. When I enter the password : admin admin, it says : 401 unauthorized
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
- open your web browser (ie, mozilla, etc) and type http://my.router or http://my.WL530g or http://192.168.1.1
- it'll prompt you to connect, type "admin" for the username and password
- it'll prmpt you for the router's web user interface, click on "wireless" located at the left part of the page
- then select "interface", you can change your ssid from "default" to a customized one (e.g. your name) so that you'll be able to verify that you are really connecting to your own network
- you can now select your authentication method, i recommend the "wpa-psk" since it's more secured than wep (but you need to make sure that your wireless computers can support wpa-psk, hence use "open or shared key"; wep-64 bits will ask for a 10-hexadecimal key), wpa will ask you for an 8-character key
- then click on apply to save your settings
hope this'll help you.
Posted on Jun 10, 2008
Hi. Open your browser and go to http://192.168.1.1
the default username and password is admin / admin.
Once you are inside the router, you will see on the left the menu such as network map, operation mode, advanced settings. Under advanced settings you will see the Wireless configuration where you can change the SSID (name of the wireless network) to any name you want. Then on the security you can select either WEP or WPA, i would recommend WPA and you set the password (letters and numbers or just letters) and save the settings and that's it.
Try to do this on a computer directly connected to the router (via ethernet cable) because any change on the wireless will disconnect you.
I hope this helps. Please do not forget to write and provide positive feedback for our fast/free support today. :D
Posted on May 25, 2010
SOURCE: Hi I am using ASUS router
My asus rtg32 wifi wireless router is not getting connected to net. It shows connected (router with laptop) but its not connecting to net. I am not able to openany site. I m using BSNL connection. It shows no internet access.\r\n
Please suggest me what to do, what procedure to follow. Mine is windows 7 , 32bit OS
Posted on Feb 09, 2011
SOURCE: We have just bought an
You have to get the IP address of your internet service provide and once you type this IP address to the address bar. It will go you to menu set up of the router and set it up there. The encode the new password set up.
Posted on Feb 27, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2016 | ASUS RT-N12 Wireless Router
Sep 25, 2015 | ASUS RT-N12 Wireless Router
May 01, 2014 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Mar 03, 2014 | ASUS RT-N12 Wireless Router
Jan 07, 2014 | ASUS Computers & Internet
Mar 01, 2013 | ASUS Wireless Router WL-520gc 125HSM...
Jan 08, 2010 | Gateway Wireless-B Router (wbr-100)
546 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!