Question about Refrigerators
The ice maker maker stopped working. I ordered a new ice maker and installed it. Now I get very sparse ice making. The cubes look normal, but I only get a few at a time. Only looks like it has made ice one or two times before it stops making ice. It never fills up the ice bucket.
I don't think your ice maker was the issue sounds like it's not cold enough to make ice in your freezer get a thermostat and see if you are maintaining temps between 0-10F if not you are slowly losing freon somewhere
Posted on May 09, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Did you find icemaker solution? I have the same unit. Ice maker worked perfect. Then moved to new house, icemaker stopped working. One day it worked (old house), the next it stopped (new house)!
Posted on Jun 10, 2008
try emptying your ice tray out cleaning it real good then try it if doesnt work still may need board or auger motor
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
Colenoid in the ice dispenser may be clogged or have a small amount of trash in it. Is there a filter on before the fridge (just after the ice maker shutoff)?
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Before going to buy any parts
Go through this troubleshooting help links.
This is list of refrigerator problems,
which is normally faced in refrigerator.
You can go through the details, by clicking the link below:---
Refrigerator is not cooling properly?
Both refrigerator and freezer not cooling properly in refrigerator?
The ice maker not working: ---
Compressor not running on refrigerator?
Water dispenser not working on refrigerator?
other ice maker related issues and solutions:---
These will help.
Dec 21, 2012 | LG LFX25976ST - 3-Door French Door...
Ice bin must be locked in place for proper ice dispensing. If necessary, turn auger driver behind ice bin counterclockwise to properly align ice bin with auger driver.
• Press the switch ON to activate ice maker. Slide bin into guide rails located on either side of the enclosure. Push the ice bin in until resistance is felt. Raise the front slightly and push the ice bin completely in. An audible "click" is heard when the ice bin is located correctly.
• After freezer section reaches between 0° to 2° F (-18° to -17° C), ice maker fills with water and begins operating. You will have a complete harvest of ice
approximately every hour.
• Allow approximately 3 to 6 hours after installation to receive first harvest of ice.
• Discard ice created within the first 12 hours of operation to verify system is flushed of impurities.
• Stop ice production by pressing the ON/OFF switch located on the front of the ice maker.
• The first one or two batches will probably contain undersized and irregular cubes because of air in the supply line.
• When the ice cubes are ejected it is normal for several cubes to be joined together at the ends. They can easily be broken apart. The ice maker will
continue to make ice until the supply of ice cubes raises the ice maker arm, shutting the ice maker off.
• Certain sounds may accompany the various cycles of the ice maker. The motor may have a slight hum, the cubes will rattle as they fall into an empty storage bin and the water valve may click or "buzz" occasionally.
Jun 01, 2011 | Maytag MFI2568AES Stainless Steel Bottom...
Jan 03, 2011 | LG LRSC26910 Side by Side Refrigerator
Apr 02, 2010 | Sub-Zero 650 / O Bottom Freezer...
Oct 16, 2009 | Refrigerators
May 06, 2009 | Frigidaire 20.6 cu. ft. Top Freezer...
Jan 23, 2008 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
124 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!