Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Thanks for the tip...the problem is NOT a black line but a wide yellow line on the right side of the paper. It starts out about a quarter of the page in width and diminishes in size to about a half inch in width after many repeated scans.
The glass IS clean , and even when the glass had some smudges here and there, I never had a yellow stripe problem!
Scanner bulb is bright and even the entire length of bulb (no dark areas) so I don't think it is the bulb!
Posted on Dec 26, 2007
SOURCE: Print quality bad
To clear white vertical lines from printed documents follow the steps listed below:
NOTE: The use of non-Brother or generic toner may cause white vertical lines.
Brother strongly recommends that customers do not use generic drum units and/or toner cartridges, or refill their Brother toner cartridge. Each Brother laser printer is designed to work at pre-set temperatures that are matched exactly to each of our individual toner formulations. Each individual component is designed to work with the other to ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brother supplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability.
The Brotherlimited warranty does not apply to any problem that is caused by the useof unauthorized third party drum units, toner cartridges or toner.
1. First, power OFF the unit for safety. The ON/OFF switch is located on the left, rear side of the unit.
2. Open the scanner cover by pulling the blue lever located below the control panel toward you and lifting the cover. Make sure the cover is completely open.
3. Remove the drum unit by holding each side of the drum by its handles and gently lifting the drum forward (toward) you.
4. Place the drum unit on a drop cloth or large piece of disposablepaper to avoid spilling and scattering the toner. Make sure thedirections and DR-250 stickers are facing you.
5. With the drum removed from the Brother machine, clean the laser glass. The laser glass is located inside the Brother machine where the drum was located. It is a piece of glass, about 1/2 inch wide and approximately 8 inches long, located on the bottom of the inside. Gently wipe the glass with a clean soft DRY cloth. DO NOT use isopropyl alcoholor any liquid to clean the glass.
6. Gently pull up on the mauve lever to turn the toner cartridge toward you until it stops. Remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit by gently sliding it out of the drum unit. ***Handle the toner cartridge carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, immediately wipe it off or wash it with cold water.
7. Gently rock the toner cartridge from side to side five or six times to distribute the toner evenly inside the cartridge. Then, reset the toner into the drum (be sure it clicks into place). Gently push on the mauve lever to turn the toner cartridge away from you until it stops.
8. With the DR-250 sticker facing you turn the drum upside down. There is a blue tab located on the right side. Slide the blue tab back and forth seven times to clean the corona wire. When finished, make sure the blue tab is locked to the right side of the drum.
9. Reset drum unit in Brother machine. Close the cover securely.
Print the help list to test the unit by pressing the REPORTS key located on the control panel and then (1) on the dial pad.
If the white vertical lines still continue, the drum unit will need to
If the purchase date of the original drum or replacement drum is less than 90 days (within the warranty of the drum), contact Brother Customer Service Center at 1-877-Brother (1-877-276-8437) . The center is open Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 7:00 pm EST, excluding holidays.
Posted on Dec 27, 2007
Sounds like the issue is with the scanner bulb. May not be moving across or warming up to full capacity.
Make sure the scanner is plugged in directly to the wall and not into a surge protector or a power strip. If problem is still there and you are in warranty you will need to replace the unit. If OOW then you should call and see if you can repair or upgrade the unit at a discounted price. If you want to speak to someone in English tell them you want mac support - they are in Canada.
Posted on Aug 07, 2008
Sounds like part of your scanner is not functioning and reading black all the time. Probably best to return it for a replacement.
Posted on Feb 25, 2009
are you using the autofeeder to feed your documents?
if yes, open the top cover and clean both glasses (big and small).
and take the drum out, move the blue panel to clean up your drum.
after that should be working fine.
Posted on May 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 04, 2015 | Laser Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 18, 2014 | Philips Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 26, 2012 | Philips LaserMFD 6020 (LFF6020)
Dec 04, 2010 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
May 19, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 20, 2010 | Xerox WorkCentre 432 ST Copier
Oct 27, 2009 | HP Photosmart 2575 All-In-One InkJet...
May 11, 2009 | Brother MFC 7420 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jun 01, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 6310 All-in-One Printer...
11 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!