Question about Goodmans GS200 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Problem with split light brown mica cover ?

Hi i have a gs200 model and the light brown mica inside the oven has split, i have detached the split part away from toucging anything and works ok, wondering if i can purchase a replacement part.

Posted by on

  • Yvonne warren
    Yvonne warren May 09, 2014

    Thankyou for your infomation but i have not been playing around with my microwave, i just wondered if i could purchase a replacement part.

  • Hugh Mckernan
    Hugh Mckernan May 09, 2014

    My comment was not an accusation, more a warning.If a micro is leaking it can do enormous damage to your health.I apologise if my comment upset you,but there are many people out there seriously injured in the process of trying to fix electrical items. Microwaves included.X

×

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

    Corporal:

    An expert that has over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 45 Answers

I would bin it. Playing around with microwaves can be LETHAL.

Posted on May 08, 2014

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Massive sparking and noisy when switched on to heat


Hi,
There are 2 things that cause the massive sparking:
1. you placed inside the microwave oven a metal plate or one with silvery or golden drawings;
2. the mica sheet that covers the magnetron window is compromised (has holes, it is cracked) or it is covered with burnt (carbonised) food.
You have to carefully inspect the mica sheet and wash or replace it, if necessary. Hope that helps.
Regards,
Dan

Oct 10, 2016 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

In manual page EN-8 It says "Do not remove the light brown Mica cover that is attached to the oven cavity to protect the magnetron. What is a magnetron and what mica cover are they talking about


The Magnetron is the high-power device that produces the microwave energy that is directed into the microwave oven cavity by means of a waveguide, which is a metal boxlike duct that transmits the microwave energy from the magnetron to the oven cavity. The Mica cover is a microwave-transparent film that covers the open end of the waveguide where it enters the oven cavity. It is there to prevent dust, dirt, and other things from getting into the waveguide. If that happens, the waveguide can develop electrical arcing, which will destroy it and the magnetron.

Dec 16, 2015 | In Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Is the mica cover crucial?


sad to say but YES it is critical . .

Mar 25, 2015 | In Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Mica sheet in oven burnt through - need replacement


We would need the model number, but until then, this may help you find parts you need.

You can find links to helpful exploded view diagrams and part ordering help here.

I recommend that you bookmark that link to your favorites.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jun 07, 2012 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

My emerson microwave #mw8999rd shoots out fire from a silver piece of cardboard thats on the righthand inside of my microwave oven. whats with that?


There is electrical problem in your microwave heating circuit. This is a fire hazard and you should stop using this microwave and unplug from the outlet. This is not something you can fix and the fuse does not protect your system anymore. The best choice is to purchase a new one and throw this away.

Dec 06, 2011 | Emerson Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I get an occasional spark when microwave is in use


Presuming that you have iliminated the possibility of any metal objects that are not meant to be in the machine being in there (and this includes dishes and other items with silver or gold leaf on them, which WILL spark and burn!) then take a look inside the oven its self. You will find a waveguide cover. It is usually a strange flakey silvery plastic/card like material called Mica and is usually on the same side of the microwave wall as the control panel (So if the picture on this thread is accurate, I will guess the Mica cover is on the right hand wall inside as you look at the machine from the front) . Over time, the magnatron (the thing that creates the microwave energy) will often burn a hole through the mika, or cause a dark brown or black burn mark in it. If this cover is even slightly damaged then it may well cause sparking inside the machine. These covers are designed to be removed and you can buy replacements for them from electrical stores.

Aug 12, 2011 | GE Advantium SCA1001HSS Convection...

1 Answer

What is the mica cover?


Hi, a mica cover is inside the oven cavity, usually on the right hand side or in the roof you will usually see a small cover that looks like it is made of cardboard. It is often held in by one or more screws. It is called the waveguide cover. It is usually made of a material called Mica. Its purpose is to cover the aperture through which the microwaves enter the oven cavity from where they are produced by the Magnetron behind the control panel. It stops moisture and food particles getting into the "workings" of the microwave.

Mar 09, 2011 | Cuisinart CMW-100 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Model 72160483000 Flashes when used. repairable?


If the flashes are eminating from the wave guide cover inside of the cavity, a replacement cover will fix it for you. The cover is made of Mica and must be kept clean and in place.
Hope that is a nice inexpensive repair for you.

Feb 24, 2011 | Kenmore 60483 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Everything seems to be working except it won't heat anything it just suddenly stopped heating.


Did anything spill or blowup inside? Remove the glass tray and be sure all is clean and dry.
If something did blow up (food or liquid), find the small mica window on the inside, and carefully remove it, clean up, dry off in the cavity too, and replace it.
Try to use. This has fixed 3 different microwaves for me. Hope it helps you.

Nov 10, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My lg Microwave Model no. LRM1260SW is not working. It's inside light is ok but it is not warming/heating anything.


Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with yourMicrowave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips

heatman101

';
';;
''
';
''

Jun 16, 2010 | LG LRM1260SW Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Goodmans GS200 Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

79 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Goodmans Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75822 Answers

Are you a Goodmans Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...