- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Selling online is fun, but it's more fun if buyers opt buying your products above the rest. Below are tips on how to post an item for sale and make people buy it.
1. Look for a legit online selling website. Here in the Philippines we have olx.com.ph where I posted my items for sale before the supply lasts. You can also make a Facebook Page to feature your items. This link can help you out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ccKTz3fTmU or you can use Instagram that people can follow you with your items.
2. Register to that site.
3. Find out if you can download apps of that selling site to your mobile phone and download it. A mobile phone is very handy and easy to use in tracking the progress of your selling activities. With it always with you wherever you go, you can respond to inquiries the fastest.
4. Take several photos of your actual items (different angles) so that buyers can see them. Most customers are convinced by what they see so make the photos good in quality and realistic as much as possible. Do not post fake pictures just to make your items look good, it will frustrate your customers and you can be sure that they will never buy anything from you again.
5. Prepare texts to tell something about your item, the benefits, advantages of choosing it above others, etc. but if there are issues or defects on your item (say you are selling some preloved or second hand items), mention them also. Your transparency will make you trustworthy and you can build customers' trust that lead them back to you on your next sales post.
6. Include contact details in your post or how you want them to reach you just in case someone is interested in buying your product.
7. Indicate your payment preferences (through banks, remittance centers, cash on delivery, etc., and provide them your details once the buyer is ready to pay. If you prefer to receive payments through banks, open an account dedicated only to this selling business and transfer to your other personal account or withdraw the amount sent right away. Frauds and hacking are rampant now a days, and your account will be so vulnerable to these since you will be giving it out to buyers. That's why it is wise to transfer the money to another bank account immediately once received.
8. Be courteous to your buyers and don't forget to thank them once they purchased a thing from you.
9. Finally, don't forget to indicate the price of your item. Give an allowance for possible discount requests. If you want your item to give you $5, post a price of $7. If the buyer will ask for a discount, you can gladly give a 2-dollar discount without sacrificing your sales goals.
Put all these things together and double-check everything especially the price, spellings, grammar, etc. before posting. Hope you will succeed in this venture.
Have fun selling!
How do I sell things on Marketplace?
1. You can create a new listing for your item on Marketplace by selecting +Add new listing which is on the top right hand corner of the Marketplace page.
2. Select the category your item belongs to via the category tab.
3. Name your item and give a short description of your item in the relevant text boxes.
4. You can elaborate a bit more and add more details of your item such as the colour, function and measurements in the Description box.
5. Fill in the currency and price of your item.
6. Select the location where you are selling from via the location tab.
7. Additionally, you can also add the city and postcode that you are in by clicking on Add city/zip.
8. You can control who gets to view your listing via the listings privacy tab.
9. You can control who gets to comment on your listing via the comment privacy tab.
10. Once you are done and happy with your listing, click Submit.
when you put a item on ebay to sell, you have to choose what payments you except, that way the buyer know how to pay,, when they buy the item & choose paypal,,it will take them to paypal where they signin & pay for the item.