Question about Computers & Internet
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
My guess is the LAN port on your motherboard is bad. The simple solution would be to add a PCI ethernet card and disable the one on your motherboard in device manager.
Posted on Jun 18, 2008
Did you call Comcast and give them the new MAC address of the Motorola SB5101 SURFboard cable modem? I'm surpised it works at all without doing this first. This is the hardware address of your modem so the world can see you, no one in the world has the same MAC address, they are all different. It's on a sticker on the modem.
Posted on May 28, 2009
You need to disable the UPnP function on the Belkin router. Log into the router(192.168.2.1), and look under System Settings. If you haven't changed the password on the router, the default password is blank, i.e., no password.
Posted on Jun 14, 2009
Hi, follow the steps below to configure MR814 with your motorola surfboard:
1. Connect a Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port of the router (isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports. Please make sure that there is no direct connection between the modem and the computer (either using Ethernet cable or USB cable).
3. Power off the modem and the router after making the connections.
4. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
1. Open the browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
2. Access the router, usually with http://192.168.0.1
3. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the Username and Password are case sensitive).
4. Click on 'Basic settings' from the left menu and select 'Use Computers MAC Address' from 'router MAC Address' section.
5. Click Apply.
6. Once it updates the settings then power off the modem and the router. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion with the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 24, 2012 | Arris SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem
Jun 14, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jun 04, 2011 | Arris SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem
Feb 10, 2010 | Arris SURFboard® SB5101 Cable Modem
Jan 14, 2010 | Arris SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem
Jul 29, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem
Jun 08, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem
May 30, 2009 | Arris SURFboard® SB5101 Cable Modem
Nov 22, 2008 | Arris SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!