Question about Sanyo DP50747 50 in. Plasma TV
Where can i buy a screen?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: sanyo vizon tv black screen
hiiiiiii here shivam
i want to tell you that that same problem is occuring my computer but now it is fixed
but your problem is of tv don't worry is this is help full to you--
this problem is common on this model. your vertical output circuit has gone bad. but i am sorry to say that a repair cost is to much for a tv this age. a cost would range 100-150. i say invest this into a newer tv. this model was good for 10-12 years and you have got better than that.
good luck :)
let me know if you need more info?
Posted on May 24, 2008
SOURCE: sanyo lcd tv flat
I have researched this problem and it is so common we that own this piece of junk ought to form a class action suit and sue. It is caused by a bad part or bad connections to a part called a backlight inverter. It seems the LCD needs a higher voltage than supplied by the 12vdc power pack so this part re-chops the DC voltage to generate the LCD requirement.
The date of manufacture is on the back of these TVs and all the problems seem to be from those made in 2006 to 2008
Posted on May 05, 2009
I just bought a Sanyo DP50747 50 inch plasma. When I pause the tv, then push play (even 1 minute or less) the sound does not start as soon as the picture starts back. I have picture first and no sound for 4 or 5 seconds then the sound continues from that point.
Posted on Mar 21, 2011
Some food for thought here the power supply and part of the set:
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have tobuy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.
If the set is opened look on the power supply board for caps puffed up like these--dead giveaway.
If you have questions feel free to comment here--I am not the number one rated expert here for the last six weeks for nothing and I do this here for free.
Posted on Apr 18, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2017 | Sanyo DP50747 50 in. Plasma TV
May 06, 2010 | Sanyo Vizon LCD-15A2 Television
Nov 07, 2009 | Sanyo Vizon LCD-15A2 Television
Oct 01, 2009 | Sanyo Vizon LCD-15A2 Television
Sep 06, 2009 | Sanyo Televison & Video
Jul 15, 2009 | Sanyo Vizon LCD-15A2 Television
Mar 16, 2009 | Sanyo DP50747 50 in. Plasma TV
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: