Question about Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
The alarm light is on. The all in one won't scan. It says the color ink cartridge is low. the black ink is dull. I don't use color ink. Why won't it scan. I don't need any ink to scan
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: reset Ink levels for canon mx310
To Reset the Canon Cartridges Works 100%
Power off the printer
Hold the stop/reset button then press and hold power (for 5 secs)
Hold Power and release the stop/reset button
Press the stop/reset button twice
Relase power button
Wait until the power button lights a steady/still green, press the stop/reset button three times with a 3 sec space between each press.
On the 3rd press the inicator should be orange.
Press the power button to set data
To set data remove cartridges then replace.
leave for 20 or 30 secs
Press the power button again to shut down
Then press power button to power up.
The printer will feed one piece of paper through
then set language and counrty.
Then ink should be reset
Any problems contact me on email@example.com
Posted on Feb 23, 2008
Note: - Do not attempt to reattach the protective tape once you have removed it.
- Do not touch the gold electrical contacts or the print head nozzles after removing the protective tape.
*One black cartridge and one color cartridge must be installed in the machine in order for the printer to operate. It does not matter if the capacities (Standard or High) do not match.
<1> The ink cartridge is not installed properly.
<2> The ink cartridge is installed properly.
Removing Ink Cartridges:
Note: Handle the ink cartridges carefully to avoid staining clothes and surrounding work area.
Posted on May 27, 2009
You’ll need to reset your printer to clear the ink counters, after resetting it’ll not display the error code again. Follow this procedure to reset the printer--
1. Power off the printer.
2. Holding the stop/reset button, press and hold power button also. Hold both buttons together for 5 secs.
3. Still holding the power button, release the stop/reset buton, then press the stop/reset button twice.
4. Release power button (the screen should now say 'Service Mode').
5. Wait until the power button lights steady green, then press the stop/reset button three times with a 3 sec space between each press. On the 3rd press the indicator should turn steady orange.
6. Press the power button once, (the orange light should go off).
7. Open the printer and remove both cartridges. Wait for 10 seconds. Replace the cartridges and close printer. Wait for 30 seconds.
8. Press the power button, and wait until printer has shut down.
9. Press power button to power up. The printer will feed one piece of paper, then ask you to set the language.
10. The page counter is now reset.
First thing i would look at is the film that runs directly behind the print head i would think it is dirty. just turn on printer and get print head to the middle and turn off machine, gentle move print head to one side and gentle clean the film strip with a cloth with a little metho on it, move print head to other side and clean other part of ****.
i reckon that will fix your problem its a common problem they tend to get a bit of grease on the timming ****. Thank you Sir, Have a nice day.
Posted on Sep 18, 2009
Testimonial: "yellow alarm ligt remains on after trying to rset and clean film behind print head"
One or both print cartridges are defective.Look under the "check ink" what message come.If it's BLK change black cartridge, if it's CLR change the color cartridge.If BLK and CLR change both cartridges.
Posted on Nov 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 24, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Jun 19, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Dec 23, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Nov 14, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Nov 12, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
May 27, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Apr 22, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Jan 08, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 22, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: