The "paper width error" indicates
you are printing out side the area of the paper. ie the document you are trying to print is wider than the physical width of the paper you have in the printer.
The printer displays this error to give you the opportunity
to remedy the problem as printing outside
the area of the page may be undesirable;
- Data printed outside the area of the paper will be lost, you will not see this information you printed on the paper.
- You may shorten the life of the print head by printing on the platen with no paper to protect the print head.
I would recommend
- Check the size of paper selected on the computer system, or ensure the data print width is the same or smaller than the actual paper size used in the printer.
- If it is not possible to change document size on the system or if the printed outside the paper width are not required or are simply spaces (ie no print) you may wish to turn of the paper width sensor so the edge of the paper is not detected and the error is no seen, the paper width sensor can be disabled in the following way.
- Power printer OFF
- Hold down the ONLINE button and power the printer ON, keep the ONLINE button held down whilst the printer powers on and initializes.
- Release the ONLINE button when you see ASCII80 and ASCII 136 along the top line of the display.
- Press BUTTON 4 (under NEXT) repeatedly until you see the APW option along the top line of the display.
- Press the button directly under APW
- Press BUTTON 2 or 3 to toggle the APW setting to OFF
- Press the button under SET (button 1)
- THen power the printer OFF and after a few seconds back on again.
The above actions will disable the Paper Width Sensor and you will no longer see the Paper Width Error, be aware
you may be losing data and or shortening the life of the print head.