Question about JVC Televison & Video
The battery was knocked out of the remote and since then it hasn't worked. Changed the battery in case it was damaged but there is still no response from the CD player.
Check the remote control for its infrared emission. Check it with fresh batteries. If it is found OK, check and replace the infrared sensor inside the TV. If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Viewing it in "Mosaic" or "Magazine" will make surf easy. Surf the site with patience. Pull up older posts.
If you wish to get more; check the site linked here. It has set-up code list & set-up procedure to many popular brand remote controls. See it in "Mosaic" or "Magazine" view. It will make surf easier.
Try this link too
Posted on May 08, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: RCA universal remote
This is the eastest way to program your remote.
To program a component using the Automatic Code Search method, perform the following steps:
Turn on the component you want the remote control to operate.
Press and release the component button that corresponds to the component you want the remote control to operate.
The illuminated ON-OFF button turns on and remains on.
3. Press and hold both the component and ON-OFF buttons. The illuminated ON-OFF button turns off. 4. After the illuminated ON-OFF button turns back on, release both buttons. The illuminated ON-OFF button remains on. If you press an invalid button during Auto Code Search, the illuminated ON-OFF button blinks four times and turns off. The last programmed code under that component button is retained. 5. Press and release the PLAY button. 6. If, after five seconds, the component does not respond, continue to press the PLAY button every five seconds until the component turns off. Each time the PLAY button is pressed, the illuminated ON-OFF button blinks ten times while a block of 10 codes is sent to your component. This process continues until all of the codes in the Code Lists have been searched. If the component has not turned off after all codes have been searched, the illuminated ON-OFF button blinks four times, turns off, and the Auto Code Search Entry method is exited. 7. When the component turns off, press and release the REVERSE button, then wait two seconds to see if the component turns on again. If the component does not respond, continue to press the REVERSE button every two seconds until the component turns on again. This will isolate the correct code in the last block of codes sent. Each time the REVERSE button is pressed, the illuminated ON-OFF button blinks. If the REVERSE button is accidentally pressed after the component responds, press and release the FORWARD button. Wait two seconds to see if the component turns off again. 8. To save the new code, when the illuminated ON-OFF button turns off, press and release the STOP button. If some of the features of your component do not work, different codes in the list can be tried until you find the code that allows the remote to control the majority of your component’s
Posted on Mar 16, 2008
Ok I just dealt with the Sharp customer support for this problem.
1) You need to unplug the TV for 1 full minute and remove the batteries from your remote aswell (this will reset the system)
2) Hold the power button on the remote for 30 seconds with the batteries still out of the remote and the TV still unplugged
3) After the 30 seconds replace batteries then press every button on the remote beginning with the power button in order from left to right and top to bottom (same way you read)
4) Then plug your tv back in and try the remote again.... and the remote and TV should be back in sync.
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
Do the contacts look ok?
you can check if it is working by looking at it with a digital camera
press a button on the remote
if it shows as flashing on the digital camera screen, then you know it is transmitting.
then your problem would be either the device you are trying to operate is not receiving, or the remote is using the wrong code.
if the code is wrong then look it up online. there are some helpful sites that tell you the codes and how to program the remote.
Posted on Jan 02, 2010
Testimonial: "Great help its pushed me in another direction"
Posted on Dec 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 08, 2015 | JVC Televison & Video
May 07, 2011 | JVC MX-J30 CD Shelf System
Mar 14, 2011 | Bose & Wave& Music System
Jan 25, 2011 | JVC XL-SV22 CD Player
May 16, 2009 | JVC Audio Players & Recorders
Dec 31, 2007 | Yamaha RAV-300 Remote Control
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!