- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Michael, I too am looking for the same as you for my Whirlpool 8.5kg WFE1485BD. Similar machine as yours but newer. I need the schematic diagram to see how the door interlock switch works. Your problem sounds like that as well, have you tried manually working the switch with door open and checking with an ohmmeter? Does your machine give a door open warning light? I have pulled my door switch out and disassembled it but can't work out which contacts get switched. Please email me if you find a service schematic and I will do the same: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi Steve just read your posting.Now when it starts to beep a series of lights will light up.Starting from left to right they are numbered 1st on the left=128 next is=64 next is=32 next is =16 next is= 8 next is = 4 next is = 2 next is = 1. So the lights are numbered from left to right 128--64--32--16-- 8-- 4--2--1. now with this information look at the lights that are lit add up the value of the lit lights and reply back and i will look in my service manual and tell you what part or parts are faulty. hope this helps.
Door not shut Check that the door is properly shut.Faulty interlock A faulty interlock might not allow the door to shut properly. Find your door interlock here and replace, or contact a qualified repairer. No power Check the flex, plug wiring, fuse and mains supply for faults. Faulty on/off switch Check the power light if fitted. Replace your on/off switch. Water supply disconnected or off If a washer dryer cannot load water it cannot start a wash cycle. Check water supply.
Plug off the wall. Open up behind the machine. Check to see if any wires loose. See that the wires from the control panel to the motor are plugged in tight. Vibration from the machine could loosen the wires and give the display wrong readings, or disrupt the run.
Does the machine drain on its own or do you drain it manually? The drain pump may be jammed or seized. Try giving the door a light bang with your hand on the handle. The door interlock could be faulty. If the machine starts up after you hit it with your hand on the door handle, the interlock is faulty. Good Luck!!
I have the same problem with my 603 washing machine stopping in the middle of a cycle and i would have to go and manually advance the wash. I have just replaced the top curcuit board with a new one. can you please help or offer a solution. Thank you.
This depends on how old your machine is mine is now 7 years old so I do not want to invest in long term soltions. So I repaired my own, I bought a new interlock and replaced the old one that did not work. So I shorted out the three links that go to the interlock, the machine now shows the lock is always on and you can open the door during the wash cycle so BEWARE. Also if you have never wired a plug or fixed basic electrics DO NOT DO THIS.
1. Turn off power and unplug. (Very Important)
2. Remove lid you will need torx drivers.
3. Unscrew door interlock from the front of the machine.
4. Lift out interlock. Try replacing the interlock with spare first (about £15).
5. If new interlock does not work do the following.
6. Put Interlock back on without wires attched to it.
7. From car spares shop buy spade conectors and create a three way shorting link (insulate well).
8. Put shorting link into each of the wires that go to interlock.
Safely tie up wire to a loom (do not let dangle)
9. Shut the door remove hands and try starting the machine.
10. If that works put the machine back together. And warn people that the DOOR CAN BE OPENED DURING WASH CYCLE and STARTED WITH DOOR OPEN. So check when the machine has stopped properly.