Question about HP f2105 21" LCD Monitor
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: problem on hp monitor
I have a Dell E171FPB monitor that had the
same problem with the Main Menu coming up and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back cover.
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the circuit board.
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the four screws.
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so very happy.
Posted on May 30, 2008
SOURCE: osd lockout
If you encounter an OSD Lockout error with your monitor simply try the fixes on this page:
Posted on Apr 12, 2009
SOURCE: how the unlock osd
OSD Lockout in HP Monitors First restart the Computer. Then hold down the menu button for 30 seconds, the main menu appears, then exist the main menu, then remove power cable of the monitor, then hold down the power on button of the Monitor for 30 seconds, then plug the power cable to the monitor. The OSD Lockout problem set rights.
Posted on Dec 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 12, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 31, 2013 | Dell Computers & Internet
Mar 02, 2013 | Dell Inspiron 580 Desktop Computer...
Press the "Menu" button again if the lockout message remains on the screen.
Use the arrow buttons to navigate through the main menu options.
Highlight the "Settings" or "OSD Menu" option and then hit the Menu key again to access the new list of settings.
Scroll down to the "OSD Lock" heading. Use the arrow keys to change the setting to "No." Hit the Menu key again to return to the main menu. Scroll to the "Exit" setting and then hit the Menu key a final time to exit the menu setting and remove the OSD lockout.
hope this helps
Jun 07, 2012 | HP Computers & Internet
Mar 29, 2010 | HP w1907 LCD Monitor
Jan 20, 2010 | HP L1940T 19" LCD Monitor
Dec 03, 2009 | HP W1707 LCD Monitor
Nov 30, 2009 | HP 2009M Monitor
Nov 12, 2009 | HP vs15 15"LCD Flat Panel Monitor
May 29, 2009 | HP w19 19" LCD Monitor
243 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: