Question about Brother PE-500 Embroidery Machine
So far i've changed the needle, rethreaded, and cleaned about 10 times! I read my manual and followed all the steps to try to fix the problem and i don't know what else to do!
1. REPLACE YOUR NEEDLE WITH THE RIGHT NEEDLE.
2. THE BOBBIN THREAD MUST HAVE THE TENSION SET JUST SO WHEN YOU HANG IT FROM YOUR FINGER AND BOUNCE IT THAT IT WILL EXTEND SLIGHTLY.
3. TAKE THE BOBBIN CARRIER OUT AND PUT ONE DROP OF SEWING OIL ON THE RACE THAT THE CARRIER SITS ON.
4. PUT THE BOBBIN BACK IN THE CARRIER AND MAKE SURE IT IS ROTATING THE RIGHT DIRECTION AND GOING THROUGH THE TENSION SPRING.
5. CAREFULLY LOAD YOUR UPPER THREAD WHILE THE FOOT IS UP AND MONITOR ANY SNAGS IF THERE ARE ANY. SET YOUR UPPER TENSION TO 3 TO BEGIN WITH. YOU CAN ADJUST THIS NUMBER ON AN OLD SCRAP WHILE SEWING. IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS YOU MAY WANT TO REPLACE YOUR THREAD WITH GOOD QUALITY THREAD. IF YOUR THREAD IS FUZZY IT MAY BE GETTING STUCK IN THE NEEDLE HOLE.
Posted on May 08, 2014
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had the same problem.. I think the bobbin used in this machine is no good I replaced mine.. It cost alot too.. but now I do not have any problems.. good luck
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
My sewing machine is a Brother LS1217, well actually it is my son's, and he uses it very seldom. I went over to put in a new needle and I cleaned it top and bottom, put in a new bobbin, and a new needle and the needle won't pick up the bottom thread. What am I doing wrong? Please help me!! It has to be something simple, as this is such a simple machine! email@example.com
Posted on Oct 23, 2008
This happened to me and I discovered that my presser foot was stuck up. (LOL) I was using embroidery and the needle was actually brushing against the raised presser foot. So, I turned machine off, removed embroidery part and checked the presser foot switch. It was not moving. Well, I put the machine on regular sewing and just turned the wheel a few times and the presser foot reset. When I went back to embroidery all was fine (and still is). so, check yours.
Posted on Dec 26, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2016 | Sewing Machines
Dec 24, 2014 | Brother LB-6800PRW Project Runway Limited...
Apr 12, 2013 | Singer 3116 Simple
Jun 10, 2012 | Brother Sewing Machines
Oct 19, 2011 | Juki DDL-8300
Apr 16, 2011 | Brother LS-2125 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Nov 17, 2010 | Brother CS6000i Computerized Sewing...
Sep 08, 2008 | Kenmore 15516 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Aug 18, 2008 | Singer Featherweight II 117
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: