Question about NEC PXT-42SX1B 42 in. Plasma TV
The red standby light turns to green when using the remote then it automatically turns itself off I have tried switching on and off with the on/off button on TV but you need the remote
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have tobuy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.
Posted on Mar 26, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 14, 2015 | NEC Televison & Video
Oct 20, 2014 | Televison & Video
Apr 03, 2013 | NEC PX-42VP4PA 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma...
Mar 26, 2012 | NEC PXT-42SX1B 42 in. Plasma TV
Aug 20, 2011 | Televison & Video
May 07, 2011 | NEC PXT-50XD2 50 in. Plasma TV
Dec 18, 2009 | NEC PXT-42SX1B 42 in. Plasma TV
Oct 07, 2009 | NEC MT850, MT1050, MT1055, MT1056...
Feb 10, 2009 | NEC PX-42VP4PA 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma...
Nov 04, 2010 | NEC PXT-42SX1B 42 in. Plasma TV
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: