Cannot connect wireless keyboard and mouse
I am assuming that this is an INFRA-RED device, with
plug and play capability.
1) Make sure that the infra-red port is turned ON on your PC,
in the BIOS and in Windows (using control panel)
2) Make sure that the infrared driver is working:
My Computer ==> Right Click ==> Properties ==>
Hardware ==> Device manager ==> ....
Find the Infra-red device and check its status.
Some laptops have a mechanical switch witch controls all
wireless ports. If you shut-off the Wi-Fi, the blue-tooth and
the infra-red will also be disabled.
3) Check for tiny reset buttons on the keyboard, mouse and
the receiver. Press them repeatedly.
4) If the device is communicating, and infra-red ICON
should appear on you taskbar (RHS).
Right click the icon and make sure you enable IR
communications AND plug and play.
5) Make sure you have installed any drivers that came with
the keyboard, if any.
6) Again, make sure that infra-red communications are enabled
in the control panel.
5) Failing that, it is possible that the keyboard is defective,
or the infra-red port on your laptop is NFG, it would not
be the first time.
6) You may want to take your keyboard to a computer
shop, and ask the staff the try it with a different PC.
Alternately, try a different keyboard with the laptop.
May 07, 2008 |
Computers & Internet