Freezer rund all the time
* Call you MFR service vendor for advice.
*** The following is for information only.***
* Fridge that runs all the time are cause by many situations. Here are some of the common ones.
* Leaving the doors open frequently and/or long periods. (yeah, lost my voice on the kids.)
* Leaking door seals. May need cleaning (use a disinfectant spray to control mold.). Have vendor replace seals. (they don't really last past 5 years. Most MFR's will have this service available as it's a common repair.
* Leaking frame and/or door. The box is insulated with a vapor seal. If it's broken then moisture gets in and causes heat to get into the box which makes it harder to keep things cold. Too costly to fix. Replace fridge.
* Thermostat is set to low (cold). Normally set to middle (4-6 on dial) But watch out as the kids may set your Fridge to lowest setting to get the milk, soda, and juice to 'slushy' state. (I covered the knob with tape)
* Thermostat is stuck. Try turning it all the way down, up, then set to middle. If it does not go off and back on during the turning of the dial then it's probably stuck. Call for service to replace.
* Final, call for service, especially if your unit is more than 3 years old. Check your warranty as it may have been included (the service check). Don't mess with it if it' still under warranty as any work may void it.
Feb 21, 2018 |