Craftsmen garage door won't open. 5 blinks and a pause on ind.
I opened the door and now it won't close. I can hear a relay clicking inside but the door won't move. On the learning Indicator it blinks 5 times and then has a pause. Any one with info would be greatly appreciated.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: Craftsmen garage door won't open. 5 blinks and a...
Most commonly this is caused by the trolley jamming against a bolt just in front of the motor unit. Remove the bolt and run the opener until the door closes. On the side of the motor unit you will find a control labeled 'up limit'. Turn this about 3 turns in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover. Be sure to replace the bolt. Should do it for you.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Apr 28, 2012 - Uploaded by bship452
Then showing the amber indicator light blinking 5 five times, stops ... push remote to operate opener, you hear a clicking sound from the unit. ... Show more .... blink 5 times (looks almost alike) If I forced the garage door closed, ...Missing: sequence
ths.gardenweb.com > Home Forums > Garages/Workshops
Jun 27, 2006 - Now, I cannot get the light in the sensor at the door to come on. ... the green LED went OUT about 1/2 way up the door opening sequence. .... other is working (I don't recall if it's green or amber, but know that it is lit.) ... Their is also a green LEDflashing 2 times every 5 seconds or so at control center of unit.
**** >>> This setup I performed with my new 2010 BMW 528XI Garage Door Homelink and Chamberlain Garage Door Opener <<< ****
Chamberlain: 01. Power off or unplug the garage door opener motor power supply (which is mounted on ceiling of the garage) ;;;
02. keep the garage door opener transmitter in your hand (do not press any button at this time) ;;;
03. In your 2010 BMW 528XI Homelink button (which resides under rear view mirror) press the 1st and 3rd homelink button together for about 30-40 seconds (i.e., until the yellow light blinks fast) and when the yellow light next to the homelink button blinks fast release from pressing the (homelink) buttons ;;;
04. now hold the garage door opener transmitter closer (means within 2-4 inches) to the homelink button (either 1st or 2nd or 3rd) whichever you are planning to program to open the garage door ;;;
05. now press the garage door opener transmitter button and chosen homelink button (either 1st or 2nd or 3rd whatever you need) together ;;;
06. the yellow light (next to homelink button) initially may blink slowly but after few seconds (may be 10-20 seconds) will blink fast; once it started blinking fast release from pressing both garage door opener transmitter and homelink button ;;;
07. Now plug or power on the main garage door opener motor (which is mounted on garage ceiling) ;;;
08. On the main garage door opener motor (which is mounted on garage ceiling) press the "LEARN" button (once you press it may have yellow/orange color light; make sure the light is on) ; then within 30 seconds do the next steps #9, #10, #11 very carefully ;;;
09. go to your car and press the homelink button you programmed and hold it for 4 seconds and then release it --> 1st iteration ;;;
10. again hold the same homelink button you programmed and hold it for 4 seconds and then release it --> 2nd iteration ;;;
11. again hold the same homelink button you programmed and hold it for 4 seconds and then release it --> 3rd iteration ** important note; generally three iterations are not necessary; and steps #9, #10, #11 must be performed within 30 seconds ** ;;;
12. during one of the iteration you will hear "CLICK" sound one-time from Garage door motor (which is mounted on ceiling) and if you have light attached with it; it will blink once (** if you hear the CLICK sound and/or light blinks once**) then the particular homelink button is programmed ;;;
13. now press the programmed homelink button; the garage door will open or close (but always it will take 3 or 4 blinks in yellow light or 2-3 seconds before the garage door opens or closes and which is normal) ;;;
** Thats it, your 2010 BMW 528XI Garage Door Opener Homelink setup is complete ** ;;;
You can program rest of the homelink button the same way but following from the steps between #4 and #13 ;;;
Hope this steps will help you to program chamberlain Garage door opener in 2010 BMW 528XI Homelink. ;;;
** possibly the above same steps may work with other BMW 5-series cars homelink too (but I'm not sure) **
Your drive gear must be stripped. Remove the cover and you will most likely find lots of what looks like white sawdust and a stripped gear. It is white nylon and is just in front of the motor. The part number is 41A2817 if you want to replace it and it comes with instructions. Available at any good door opener service company.
The blinking LED is sending the code for "RPM sensor or motor overload. It isn't the motor or it wouldn't run at all. The RPM sensor is a small printed circuit board near the front of the motor. It will be available at Sears or any good door opener service company.
The trolley (the part that moves back and forth and is connected to your door) of your opener is most likely jammed against the bolt just in front of the motor unit. You can remove the bolt or loosen the chain until your unit will run. Once the door is closed find the 'up limit' on the side of the motor unit and turn it about 3 turns in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover. Now replace the bolt or tighten the chain. Whichever you first did.
Just fixed this problem tonight. Had the 5 blink/flash thing. Opened it up and saw that the motor wasn't spinning so it wasn't a bad rpm sensor. Jumped the red to black and then the blue to black to verify motor worked. At that point assumed it was the logic board not telling the motor to start, but I could hear the click of the relay. Pulled the logic board out and noticed a solder joint that had failed directly behind one of the relays. Resoldered that joint and the garage door opener worked again like a dream. Hope that helps someone else.
first off, hitting extra button on remote would not do anything. Is door up or down/ where is trolley that attaches to chain, by door or motor. Is is jamned against a bolt. Try a paper clip and jump from white to read terminal. Does it work. Does light bulb blink 10 times. I ignore the diagnostic lights and go by symptons. Give more info.