Question about Plumbing

Open Question

How do you take the top off a Hamat 3-0361 Faucet to replace the Cartridge?

The Supply Tube appears to be leaking where it connects to the cartridge.

Posted by Anonymous on


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 297 Answers

SOURCE: Need a replacement cartridge

i would think any good plumbing supply company near you will help you,can you take the cartridge with you?

Posted on Jul 31, 2009

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: I have a Hamat faucet that has low water pressure all of a sudden

I have the exact same faucet from Hamat and I just took it apart ...every last bit....the tabs on each part are notched so when you put it all back again...its pretty easy....I had every single part layed across the table.

(Below is the red neck way....without the special tool to take off the top key part which requires a special T tool)
now for the desembly.... under the handle is the red/blue button...unscrew carefully not to ruin the color...if it does not come out ...pry it out...mine was not so friendly....then take a small hex and stick it in the hole and unscrew a small screw....whalllaaa ...the top is for the only hard part of this whole project....without their special tool your going to have to take a vice grip layed over a cotton cloth and clamp it on the top back side perpedicular....on the actual crome/stainless steel....this part will not be seen from the front.... I did scratch mine a bit ...but dont see it after the fix...remember it under the handle on the backside....then take another vice grip and cloth to the part you stick in the counter....(not the threads of course...just above) then with hulk like procedures your going to give it all.....hold with the left the base vice grip....and with the top ...crank it counter clockwise....again with the vice grip perpendicular ...on the back edge...I had to use a small screwdriver or rod to stick it across the vice grip for it.
after that take note of how the part fall out.....eventuallly you might need to take out the cylinder.....remove the hose (did it at begininng) then wiggle....and pull out the cylinder...dont unscrew....back and forth in 10 degree turns as you pull out.....this is not screwed in.....Only One big screw already taken care off... the hoses connected in the interior are tough and for some wierd reason need a 10mm wrench.
Ok good luck....and by the way MINE DID NOT HAVE HOT WIRE...a part of rubber washer came loose from my plumbing under the counter and found its way to block hot water...inside the very core of the faucet....oh well ALLL DONE.... hot water for dishes...for my wife...just kidding.

Posted on Aug 09, 2009

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: Problem taking the top cover off the Rohl R77V3SPN one handle faucet

With a small flat blade screwdriver, carefully remove the red and white plastic button on the front of the faucet. Turn off the water supply. Then, raise the handle like you're turning on the water and move the handle slowly left and right until you can see an Allen screw through the hole where the button was. With the correct size Allen driver, remove the screw and the handle will come off the faucet.

Posted on Aug 29, 2009

  • 127 Answers

SOURCE: Moen kitchen faucet model 7430 leak

cartridge does not stop that type of leak. If it is leaking from around the base of the spout it is o-rings that are the problem that are onthe valve after you pull the spout all the way off.

Posted on Oct 18, 2009

  • 94 Answers

SOURCE: Replace cartridge in Moen kitchen faucet and now

it probably has a plastic cartridge,remove it, and push the center piece out slowly and firmly. wipe this down,not completly this is what carries the wieght of the handle.give this a shot.

Posted on Apr 27, 2010

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a whining problem when the faucet is filling the tub. It appears only to be the cold water or with warm water. If we run scalding hot the noise goes away..

You have a feed back sound from the faucet cartridge. I hope when you turn the faucet off that there is no leak. If there is a leak then your cartridge is misalined. It will eventually leak and that is an easy fix.

Turn off the main water coming into the house
Remove the cap and handle of the faucet
There is a retaining pin on top, first by using a pointed instrument remove the retainer and it looks like an upside down U
Remove the cartridge and replace with a new.
Insert the new cartridge the same way you removed the old one
Install everything on reverse order.
Good Luck

Jan 07, 2011 | Delta & Single Handle Shower Faucet

2 Answers

I want to change the cartridge but am lost as to how the faucet comes apart.

Turn off water at supply line. Turn and remove top ring. Remove handle. Remove top half of body of faucet. Remove diverter (using large screwdriver) and replace. Replace body handle and ring.

Let me know if this works or not.

Dec 16, 2010 | Hamat 3-2861ST Everest Pull-Out Kitchen...

1 Answer

My cartridge leaks inside the faucet. Is it possible to replace the cartridge or must I buy a new faucet?

You can find the replacement cartridge online, as Hamat is out of business...

I am ordering mine today too,
about $60

Nov 21, 2010 | Hamat 3-2861ST Everest Pull-Out Kitchen...

1 Answer

30 year old Elkay bathroom one handle faucet is leaking from underneath. Does this use a replacement cartridge and how can I get a replacement part?

If it does have a cartridge, replacing it would only help it stop dripping out the faucet or from around the handle. A leak underneath is most likely to be a failure of the seal from the supply pipe to the faucet, from corrosion and/or hardening of the rubber seal that is part of the supply pipe connection. Shut off the supply. (Hopefully you have a shutoff valve under the sink.) And remove the supply pipe/tube/hose. This is very hard to do without a basin wrench. (All hardware stores have them, and they are pretty cheap.) Take the supply pipe to the hardware or home improvement store to select a replacement. Other than the material and construction of the pipe itself, and the length, there are only a couple of different fitting configurations.

May 08, 2010 | Elkay Plumbing

1 Answer

Need a replacement cartridge

i would think any good plumbing supply company near you will help you,can you take the cartridge with you?

Jul 16, 2009 | Galaxy Kraus Red Fire Sink and Waterfall...

1 Answer

Hot water faucet has seized up.

the cartridge is either broken or seized up due to rust in the line. make sure you turn the water off to the faucet and disconnect the supply tube from the stop (valve). be carefull with the supply tube , you might have to replace it so have one handy. try to clear the tube. then run a little water out of the stop to see if you have water running to the faucet or if it is plugged with rust. then go to the top of the faucet and remove the handle so you can get to the cartridge. use soft jaw pliers to gently pull cartridge out. look at cartridge and see if the are any defects. if so you will have to replace it , take the cartridge to your nearest Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Lowes , or Menards and show them your cartridge and they will get you a new one. if it is a special order faucet call the manufacturer with model number and they will help you. when you reinstall new cartridge make sure you clear out any debris and use valve grease to lube up your new piece. reassemble and turn water back on.

hope this helps

Jul 06, 2009 | Kohler Memoirs Stately K-452-3S-CP Two...

2 Answers

I need to find a replacement Hamat part

Simply go to and look for a dealer near you. Very good european brand by the way.

Feb 14, 2009 | Hamat 3-2861ST Everest Pull-Out Kitchen...

1 Answer

Leaking Jado lavatory faucet

It is a rubber gasket that is leaking, Pull the cartridge with a cresent wrench. There will be a paking nut on the top of the cartridge where the handle connects. You should be able to remove this with a pair of pliers. There will be a rubber o-ring inside. Take that to the hardware to to find a replacement to it. It wont be hard to match they keep tons in stock at ace or lowes

Feb 01, 2009 | Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

25 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plumbing Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

15633 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

34725 Answers

Are you a Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides