Question about Washing Machines
Kenmore front loader model #4174404240C
Sound as if the timer is shot. Call your local appliance dealer, often they will sell the parts and give you advice on how to install them. If not that then go to kenmorewashers.com for a complete parts listing and diagrams for your unit.
Posted on May 06, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Kenmore front Loader 41729042990
remove motor, check carbon brushs,replace if short,the manual may help.motors that have brushs are the principle,sole motor is Italian,yours is German,anyway thats beside the point ,its the brushs.buy ,eire
Posted on Dec 11, 2007
The LR can means that the motor has failed or the spinner shaft is seized to the bearing.
Check the wiring harness to the motor it may be loose.
See if you can turn the tub by hand.
If the tub is free and the wiring harness is good preform the motor test.
You will find the test paper in the console.
Posted on Jul 11, 2008
How to replace Whirlpool/Kenmore washer
dual action agitator ratchet ‘dogs’, kit # 285770
Tools needed: Screwdriver, 3/8" drive ratchet wrench, 7/16" socket (older models), 3/8" drive to 1/2" adapter (newer models), long 3/8" drive extension, small amt liquid detergent
1) Pry the agitator cap off by inserting a screwdriver into the cap’s notch
2) Pull the inner cap (if present) off – most Whirlpool machines use this inner cap, with a handle, to gain access to the center bolt
3) Remove the bolt in the center of the agitator
(Earlier models used a 7/16" hex-head steel bolt)
(Recent models use a 1/2" square drive plastic nut – use a 3/8" X 1/2" ratchet adapter)
4) On older models, grasp the bottom portion of the agitator and pull the entire ***’y off.
(Recent models allow just the top portion’s removal to access these ‘dogs’)
5) Older models – place the agitator on the floor, and, standing carefully on the bottom portion, pull the top half off. Turn it over, and the dogs will be accessible for replacement.
6) Newer model dogs can be replaced once the ratchet ***’y is removed. There are several versions currently in use, but most can be replaced without removing the bottom agitator half. All‘4-dog’versions use the 285770 kit, regardless of the cam ***’y style. (Older agitators, rarely seen now, used a pair of 2 larger dogs, which are a different part number)
7) On older versions, be careful to align the two tabs when inserting the upper ***’y back onto the agitator bottom half. When these are aligned, they will friction-fit the two halves together, making it easier to reinstall the ***’y. Handle it only by the bottom half to prevent pulling the top half off when reinstalling.
8) Lightly lubricate the agitator cap’s rubber gasket using a bit of dishwasher detergent, and push it back into place. (On the Whirlpools with an inner cap, lube that cap’s o-ring too – makes it easier to snap into place)
9) Reach around and pat yourself on the back! You just saved at least $75.00!
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
u need to remove the shipping bolts, found in the back of the washer, 4 long bolts used to hold the drum in place while transporting. we had same prob
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 13, 2013 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Oct 16, 2012 | Kenmore Energy Star 44092 Front Load...
Jan 19, 2011 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Apr 07, 2010 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jun 01, 2009 | Kenmore 43042 Front Load Washer
May 28, 2009 | Kenmore 43042 Front Load Washer
Mar 02, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Feb 24, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jan 23, 2008 | Kenmore 44102 Front Load Washer
12 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!