Question about Samsung SGH Cell Phones
I want to clear out the entire phone and restart it
Either dial *2767*3855# or go to Menu -> Settings -> Phone -> Reset Phone
Posted on Nov 22, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If you forgot your phone code, there is no way to get to your contact list....well, there is no risk free way to get to it. There is a utility (Samsung Code Reader) that you can use which will pull your code from the phone when it is attached by USB to a computer. But beware, as these applets are on sharing websites, so there is no tell if any of them are tainted with viruses.
Otherwise, if you are willing to forego your contact list, then you can hard reset your phone by following these steps:
A couple of things to mention:
1. This fix is NOT for unlocking the network (to use on other carriers), but rather this is for a 4-8 digit phone privacy lock that you may have forgotten what you set it to
2. If you run this fix, it will wipe out all data on the phone, effectively starting from scratch
3. You must remove the SIM card before initiating this or it will be wiped, also, leaving you with need to go buy a new one
4. You need to call Samsung to get the reset code: 800.987.4357 Tell them that you want to hard reset (wipe) your phone and you need the code. (They'll probably stay on the line with you and help you complete the task)
To hard reset the phone
1. Turn off the phone
2. Remove the back cover (battery compartment)
3. Remove the sim card
4. Turn on the phone
5. When it boots up and gets to the error message about the sim, enter the code provided by Samsung and press Return
6. Let the phone restore to original factory image and reboot
7. Turn phone off and install sim card
8. Replace back phone cover
9. Turn on the phone
10. You're ready to roll
Posted on Jun 14, 2010
SOURCE: samsung insert sim
No you can not. You have to have a SIM in the mobile. Only way out is if you could bet hold of an old disused SIM (probably from a dealer's shop). But the slot for SIM can not be empty.
Posted on Oct 27, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2012 | Samsung SGH-E350 Cellular Phone
Jun 29, 2011 | Samsung SGH-F500 Cellular Phone
Apr 15, 2011 | Samsung SGH-T429 Cellular Phone
Mar 21, 2011 | Samsung SGH-C166 Cellular Phone
This feature resets the phone settings back to the factory defaults.
Feb 22, 2011 | Samsung SGH-A877 Impression Cell Phone
Jun 08, 2010 | Samsung SGH-E251 Mobile Phone - Black
Nov 04, 2009 | Samsung SGH-a737 Cellular Phone
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!