Question about Printronix P7005 Matrix Printer
Bar code read error: The printer does not detect the presence of the ribbon bar code sensor
1. Power down the printer. Remove the ribbon and wipe the two lenses of the ribbon bar code sensor with a lint-free cloth or cotton swab.
2. Install the ribbon and power on the printer. If the message appears again, replace the ribbon.
3. Power on the printer. If the message appears again, power down the printer and remove the paper path or top cover to gain access to the card cage. Make sure the cable from the ribbon bar code sensor to connector J122 on the controller board is undamaged and has a good connection to J122.
4. Power on the printer. If the message appears again, power down the printer and replace the ribbon bar code sensor.
5. Power on the printer. If the message appears again, power down the printer and replace the controller board. Record the message and return it with the defective board.
I have the parts in stock if needed email@example.com
Posted on May 15, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 01, 2014 | 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Oct 07, 2013 | Nissan Micra Cars & Trucks
Aug 27, 2013 | Printronix P7005 Matrix Printer
Dec 01, 2012 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
May 26, 2011 | Sigma Bc 906 Computer
Apr 26, 2007 | Cannon Canon i960 Photo Printer
May 22, 2017 | Printronix P7005 Matrix Printer
182 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!