Cannot find information on waste ink absorber for Canon i80
The waste ink absorber collects any spilt in from the head and stops it leaking out or sitting in the bottom of the printer casing. The printer is telling you that the one in yours in nearly full. You know have two options:
1. Replace the waste ink absorbers and reset the counter (will require taking the printer apart)
2. Reset the counter only (you run the risk of ink leaking out)
The waste ink absorber for the I80 can be got quite cheaply if you google about.
You can reset the counter by:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press
the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 3 times, and then release the Power
and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights
alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times.
Hope that helps
Nov 16, 2008 |
Canon i80 InkJet Printer