- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First, confirm that the display is working. If the display is still working, try pressing some of the touch-pad buttons. If some of the buttons respond correctly but others don't, it is likely that the touch-pad is at fault. (Some manufacturers sell the touch-pad separately from the control panel. Other manufacturers require that you purchase the touch-pad and control panel together. If you cannot replace the touch-pad individually, replace the touch-pad and control panel.) Frigidaire Dishwasher Lights Flashing or Blinking
If this is a samsung with a front display touch pad refer to your user manual if you have it, theres usually a button depending on model on the front user interface that you hold for 3-5 seconds that will make the light go from purple back to blue. its usually in small lettering right on the touch pad too even if the touch pad is in the door. If it's a whirlpool side by side, you push the door switch in 3 times really fast. Every model has its own way and with out more information, I can only give you advice as opposed to a definite answer.
In Diagnoses mode EEPROM reset has to do for resetting,
Entering the Diagnostics Menu
1. Make sure the product is switched off with the Power key on the side of the Touch Screen Panel, and not with the power switch on the back of the product.
2. Press and release the Power key to switch on the product.
3. Wait for about 10 seconds until the 6 buttons on the Touch Control Panel have come on and then press and release one after another Cancel> Home> Help buttons.
4. The 6 buttons on the Touch Control Panel will then blink 4 times; then wait until the product completes the initialization sequence and shows the Diagnostics menu.
5. In the Diagnostics menu scroll to EEPROM reset..
But we strongly recommends that useres are not suppose to do this activities, printer may disturbed all the way...
Which model KitchenAid dishwasher do you have? On some models, the Control Lock can be toggled on/off by holding the Energy Saver Dry touch pad for at least 4 seconds or until the Control Lock light turns on or off.
On another model, the touch pad to press and hold is the 4 Hour Delay button. (On that model, you press and hold for 3+ seconds.) There is often a very tiny label below or on the touchpad indicating which key controls the Control Lock.
If you haven't held the button for long enough, pressing the other touch pads will lead to the Control Lock light blinking 3 times if the Control Lock is active.
If the press and hold method still doesn't work after several attempts, then you may have a problem with the control panel. The dishwasher may need repair.
I hope this helps. Please add a comment with the model number so that I can check if a different touch pad key is the correct one for the Control Lock.
Cindy Wells (the Control Lock feature keeps the dishwasher settings from being changed accidently or the unit started when it isn't needed. This can stop a child from resetting the dishwasher or the unit being started while you clean it.)
I have a Miele G2830sci dish washer since brand new, used twice a week in a domestic environment. I am very dissatisfied with this dishwasher because the front control panel (touch screen, no buttons) became unresponsive after six years, outside the warranty. I had the panel replaced (part was AUD$290 and labour/callout fee $210) and the dishwasher was working properly again for another 3 years. Now the same issue is appearing again. I believe that these control panels only have a relatively short lifespan relative to the other parts of the machine. The touch pane becomes unresponsive, or erratic to respond to your touch when the panel is warm, typically towards the middle or end of the cycle when the hot wash or drying is occurring. The panel would be OK when cold. But give it enough time and even when cold, it would no longer work properly. It looks like this panel only has a short useful working life relative to the rest of the machine, based on my direct first hand experience. Not good.
Could be that you have a bad freezer (defrost) thermostat and it is not "shutting off" after a defrost. Do you feel heat (DON'T touch the panel) near the bottom rear panel inside the freezer? Also, could be a Adaptive Defrost control problem. http://refrigeratorheaterrepair.blogspot.com/
1. Turn the printer on. 2. When the memory starts counting on the control panel, press and hold the green SELECT button. Continue to hold green SELECT button until all three Control Panel LED's are illuminated and on solid. 3. Release the green SELECT button. 4. The control panel will display SELECT LANGUAGE. 5. Press the DOWN ARROW button until control panel displays COLD RESET. 6. Press green SELECT button. The printer will perform a cold reset and then continue its power-on sequence. Hopefully, this will fix the problem for you!
1. Turn the printer on.
2. When the memory starts counting on the control panel, press and hold the green SELECT button. Continue to hold green SELECT button until all three Control Panel LED's are illuminated and on solid.
3. Release the green SELECT button.
4. The control panel will display SELECT LANGUAGE.
5. Press the DOWN ARROW button until control panel displays COLD RESET.
6. Press green SELECT button. The printer will perform a cold reset and then continue its power-on sequence.
Models Affected: All 23 25 27 and 29 cubic foot electronic side-by-side refrigerator units with plastic Liners manufactured in 2001 or later. This includes all Profile- (Arctica and Eterna") models Consumers have called with reports of freezing in the Vegetable (middle) pan or the CustomCool M (bottom) pan , frozen water tank or frozen water filter.Freezing in the pans , a frozen water tank or a frozen water filter is caused by excessive airflow from the vents in the tower.
To eliminate these freezing issues , install kit WR49X10045. Follow the instructions included in the kit.
Damper door broken G.E artica:
Affects all 2001 models produced with "M" as the eight letters in the model i.e.: PSS25SGM with serial date code LA4 , MA4 , RA4 , SA4 , TA4 , VA4 , ZA4 & AD4. Freezing happens when damper door breaks leaving the unit with no control over the very cold air entering fresh food compartment from the freezer.
Replace damper door assy , with new damper door kit WR17X11508.
To verify the damper door is broken , remove the light shield and rear light bulb from the top of the refrigerator. Enter the factory diagnostic mode by pushing all four temperature control buttons at the same time. Perform damper motor test (FZ 1 , FF 0). Press any other button i.e. Custom cool or filter reset to start damper test cycle. Shine flashlight through right hand side opening of light assembly to view movement of damper door. To exit test mode (FZ 1 , FF 6). lf damper door assembly needs to be replaced , pull top two shelves out 2 ". Pull rear tower assembly slightly forward with both hands, move to the left and the right to expose the two screws that secure the duct assembly , also remove both screws that secure the duct to the ceiling. Replace with new damper motor assembly WR17X11508.