- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This applies to Tally 7.2 and above.
1. You can export only registers and not masters
2. In any view register mode the export / import option becomes availble.
3. Click export.
4. Tally prompts you for a file name. The default name is always Tally.txt.
5. Pl rename the file to represent the ledger you are exporting else Tally will over write an existing file.
6. Tally will always save the file in the same drive / folder where Tally data resides. You cannot change this.
7. The file saved is the CSV file.
8. Open this file with Excel and map the fields.
to solve this type of problem first of all take backup of your tally data then right click on ur tally icon on desktop go to properties then click on findtargate open ur tally configuration file see the line
load comony=yes (change yes into no) save the file & exit start ur tally pres ctr+alt+r selct the company which was giving error press enter tally will ask to rewrite the company press y to yes let the finish rewrite task then start working on tally
try this this works
If you are using tally legal. Please check whether the date & time are correct. If correct then check the data folder file permission (readonly, hidden, system attributes) are removed. If not while starting tally press Ctrl + Alt + R for and select company which one is getting error. It will rewrites the data of that particular company. Then close tally and open again check it. If this doesn't work u should contact tally support with u r licence key and product id.