Question about Palm Zire 71 Handheld
The issue you are experiencing usually occur due to the
Electrostatic Discharge. Due to electrostatic discharge neither the handheld nor the cradle is damaged, but the synchronization software needs to be reset by Palm handheld. You will need to place the Palm handheld in the Debug mode and leave it out of the cradle for at least 8 hours to 24 hours (Until the battery in your Palm handheld is drained completely and the Palm handheld powers off due to low battery). Please follow the steps mentioned below:
NOTE: Placing the Palm handheld in Debug mode will erase all the information on the Palm handheld. If you wish to Backup the information on your Palm handheld, you will need to use a Palm Backup card. The Palm Backup Card allows you to backup and restore data when you are not able to synchronize your Palm handheld to your desktop computer.
Please visit the following URL to purchase a Palm Backup card:
<<Placing the handheld in Debug Mode>>
NOTE: This step erases all data on your Palm handheld. Ensure that you back up your data on the computer to avoid data loss.
<< Back up user data >>
1. Double-click 'My Computer' on the Microsoft? Windows? Desktop and open the C: Drive.
2. Open the "Palm" or "Pilot" folder. If you are unable to locate the Palm folder, open the Program Files folder and then the Palm folder.
3. Right-click the user folder and select Copy.
NOTE: The user folder is a truncated version of your user name on the Palm handheld or the Palm Desktop. (User names are truncated as follows - John Smith is truncated as SmithJ, John L. Smith is truncated as LJ.)
4. Minimize the current open windows.
5. Right-click an empty location of your Windows Desktop and select Paste.
NOTE: If you have a password assigned on the Palm handheld, the security features of the Palm OS? will restrict the Palm handheld from entering the Debug Mode. In this case, you will need to first un-assign the password. To place your Palm(TM) handheld in the Debug Mode, please do the following:
1. Press and hold down the DOWN scroll button on the front of your handheld.
2. Using the reset tool in the stylus or an unfolded paper clip (or
similar object without a sharp tip), press and release the small reset button inside the hole ,on the back of your handheld.
3. Continue pressing the DOWN scroll button for several seconds.
4. Release the scroll button. Your Palm handheld screen may appear blank. If not, try steps 1 - 3 again. Blank Screen is an indicator that the Palm handheld is in Debug Mode.
5. After the battery charge is completely drained, you will need to
leave the Palm handheld in the cradle for a minimum of two hours to attain a full charge.
thanks for using fixya.keep updated.
please do not forget to accept and rate this solution positively
Posted on Jun 22, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 25, 2017 | Palm Zire 71 Handheld
Jul 02, 2012 | Palm Zire 71 Handheld
Sep 09, 2009 | Palm Zire 71 Handheld
Mar 24, 2009 | Palm Zire 71 Handheld
Mar 20, 2009 | Palm Zire 71 Handheld
Dec 22, 2008 | Palm Zire 71 Handheld
Jul 11, 2007 | Palm Zire 71 Handheld
Sep 07, 2005 | Palm Tungsten T5 - Multilingual Handheld
Oct 16, 2010 | Palm Zire 71 Handheld
Nov 10, 2009 | Palm Zire 71 Handheld
60 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!