Question about Daewoo DW500M Top Load Washer
IMPORTANT: Read thoroughly. DO NOT add detergent or other laundry products to this cycle.
1. Remove all items from the washer.
2. Open the dispenser drawer and 2/3 cup (160 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment. DO NOT use more than 2/3 cup (160mL) of bleach per cycle as this will lead to product damage.
3. Close the washer door and dispenser drawer.
4. Select the Clean Washer cycle or a full wash cotton 104 F wash (40 C). DO NOT use any higher temperature as this will cause unnecessary fumes
5. Press Start and allow cycle to complete.
6. If the bad odour persists, repeat the procedure 1 or 2 more times. This may be necessary if this is the first time you have run this cycle.
7. After the cycle is complete, leave the door open slightly to allow ventilation and drying of the washer interior.
8. Repeat the cleaning procedure monthly.
To maintain the washer freshness:
1. Use only HE High Efficiency detergent.
2. Leave the door open after each cycle to for better ventilation and drying of the washer interior.
3. Use warm / hot water in your machine unless the fabric you are washing requires cold.
4. Use the correct amount of fabric softener.
5. If your laundry room is damp, use a dehumidifier.
6. Clean the door seal of visible residue.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 19, 2010 | Samsung WF337AA Front Load Washer
Jan 31, 2010 | Kenmore 44921 Front Load Washer
Nov 27, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Nov 11, 2009 | Frigidaire FTF530FS Front Load Washer
Nov 03, 2017 | Frigidaire GLTR1670A Front Load Washer
Jan 10, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Dec 28, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
May 14, 2008 | Zanussi FJS1225W Front Load Washer
Nov 16, 2007 | Hotpoint Aquarius WMA42 Front Load Washer
338 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: