- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Not so fast with the screwing part. Go to a music store, buy the G string wire(008)gauge- at least 41 inches long- for a guitar. If you have a digital camera make a video/pics history of your dis-assembly steps. Remove the ozone eliminator-by pulling it off the tower. Start with the base 4 screws, followed by the 2 collar screws at the base. NOTICE that there is a space between the two halves at the bottom. I paid NO attention to this space-boy did I ever try to snugly close that one before I looked at another one to see that this separation is there for a reason. Next: remove the "TINY"12 screws - 6 on the front/back side of the units ribs-look for these. Take pics of each step. You will be happy you did this. Store all of these diff. screws in separate jars. Open the unit now like a wallet. Notice that the sloped top control button/light module can now be removed. See those 2 black square plastic covers-they hide a spring and an upside down W shaped wire holder. The broken wire can now be removed. If you are lucky, you may be able to to twist your new wire-after pushing it through the cleaning bead -with the one going down to the bottom module. Mine was too brittle and broke apart as soon as I touched it. Remember: The 2 wires you see are just one 41 inch long 008 gauge guitar string. They thread through a signal contact bracket at the bottom of the unit that is activated by the breaking of the wire to turn the unit OFF. Getting to this bracket is somewhat difficult and requires patience. Take a lot of pics to be able to reassemble the S 1637. I pulled the 41 inch long string under this signal bracket, evened off the ends, moved the top module down 2 inches and twisted the ends around the W shaped bracket that compresses the spring. Honestly, I had to adjust the spring two times because I left off the cleaning bead. Now just reverse the steps and you got your unit working. The new string seems to push a lot more air. Before you replace all of the screws, fold the unit together, insert the blades , put 2 sets of veggy rubber bands around the top and bottom and plug in/turn it on. Mine works now better than new. Did I mention that I had to do 2. The second was done in 2 hours. Good luck. firstname.lastname@example.org
You bought that air purifier to help to clean the air in your home. However you have forgotten about it and now you expect it to still clean, when all of the cleaning surfaces and the filter that catches the big chunks are completely used up and covered with dust and dirt.
Here is what you need to do on a regular, like monthly, basis to keep it working well.
If your unit has a filter or pre-filter pull it out and wash it gently in some warm soapy water. If the filter is a throw away one then place it in a plastic bag and dispose of it. Be careful not to throw it away before you make sure you know what to get to replace it. You may need the old one for comparison when purchasing a new one. Also take note of how you removed it and the direction of the air flow. Some of the filters are made to have the air flow in a certain direction. The filter is often located in the back side at the bottom of the unit.
Take apart everything that you can on the air purifier and clean all the pieces with a moist cloth. You may need to take toothpick or something small to clean out the small grooves and crevices in the unit.
Leave everything dry completely before reassembling the unit. This may take quite a while for some of the filter media. A few hours is not uncommon, be patient.
You now will have your air purifier working in top condition again
The company went under and doesn't service them anymore. It's possible you could find a local repair place that might be able to do something, but there is no authorized or trained service station, and you can't get parts.
You might be able to pick up spare parts if you scour eBay long enough.
I just fixed my proffessotional ionic. Im not sure what I did. lol. I took the screws out of the bottom, didnt see anything wrong, tho there is a piece of plastic in there, I dont know what it is. I cleaned the 2 center long metal like things, cleaned the contacts that the metal blades touch. cleaned the wires with alcohol and qtips, put it all back together, and it came on!!!!!!
company went under and doesn't service them anymore. It's possible you
could find a local repair place that might be able to do something, but there
is no authorized or trained service station, and you can't get
might be able to pick up spare parts if you scour eBay long enough.
One of my tabs broke today after 5 years. It looks like the tab piece just cleans the wire when the element is removed. Seems like it does the same thing as the little beads that slide along the wire when you turn it upside down. So I'm going to just use it without the tabs.
Make sure you have the filter on the back on the right way and not reversed. On the Ecoquest Breeze you should plainly see the obvious pull tab, at the top of the back filter panel, after putting the filter back in place.
All electrical contacts can get a film on them. Try cleaning the contacts (at the bottom of the blade unit; you should see the three with the blades out) with an alcohol swab (make sure the contacts are dry before reassembly in this case) or a pencil eraser (vacuum the debris out before attempting to start it again).
If those contacts don't make up properly, the unit will think it needs cleaning, even though it doesn't.