- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
dont use the microwave until you retrieve what dropped inside when you removed the port. The grinding is most likely a foreign object that is hitting the moving parts of the microwave and causing sparking. It can catch fire
this could be any thing? first ask yourself how old is it???
if its more that 3 years old you would be better off just dumping it as getting it fixed would cost more that its worth??
and there so cheep now too!
however dont go trying to get inside of it to see if you can fix it yourself
there is a lot of very hight voltage in there even if its been turned off for a long time,,this voltage is in the 1000's of volts and it kills
have you ever seen a stun gun working???????????
well this microwave has the stun guns very big brother inside of it,,
it dont stun,,,, it kills! is it realy worth taking a risk for a fuw bucks?
please play it safe
I called a technician out today. Seems like the problem is the circuit board. It wasn't working properly and the sound is the fan. The fan is supposed to turn on when the microwave is in use and off when it is not. In this case, the fan continued even when the microwave was not in operation. A new circuit board has been ordered and will replace the old one when it arrives. For now, I can still use the microwave, but I have to unplug it everytime I finish heating something up. A little inconvenient, but at least it'll still heat my food up in the meantime.
GE in essence says it is unrepareable and insafe. I suggest that would be saying it is trash.I don't know what that carboard is, possibly indulation? Ot may have /be a a oiece oce of laminated metal like some paper plates have..Not replaceable is a poor answer. Call them back and make a fuss. If it's not too far over warranty, they may work with you to shut you up.. oops, sorry, to pacify you.
:-) Good luck.