Ok, so my cousin installed new updates via windows update. And now IE 7, 8 and firefox cannot connect to any host, including the router. The connect is wireless, and its vista home premium. I can ping google fine in cmd. I can use system restore, and it does fix the problem, but that leaves the os out of date. Any ideas?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Open the Chrome and clear cache and browsing data options, Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
Open a new window in Incognito mode, Ctrl + Shift + n, check for unwanted extensions enabled and check for chrome updates (settings - > help -> check for updates)
It sounds like you have the wrong driver installed or there are more drivers that you need to install and update.
One way to ensure that you install the correct drivers is to go through the Device Manager and update your driver.
This is for a Windows XP system
To Update your drivers through Device Manager, pls do the following:
1. Attach your computer to the internet, make sure you can get on the internet by launching your browser, ie. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari
2. Navigate to Start/Control Panel, System
3. Choose the Hardware Tab and click Device Manager
4. See if there are yellow exclamation marks or question marks listed
5. Select them and right click on each one (you have to do this one by one until you see no more yellow exclamation marks or question marks)
6. Choose Update Driver
7. Follow the prompts to complete (usually by clicking ok to all the prompts)
This is for a Windows Vista or Windows 7 system
1. Connect your computer to the internet and ensure that you have internet connection by launching your browser and surfing to your favorite website.
2. Navigate Start/Control Panel/System
3. On the top left hand corner, click Device Manager
4. Do the same from 5-7 under the Windows XP directions up above.
Again, remember that sometimes drivers are related to something else on the system. Therefore you may need to update one or more drivers. This is the only way to ensure that you get everything.
Let me know how it works out and please don't forget to rate me.
Remove the update the caused the problem in add remove programs, then update manually, or turn off auto update. You can also install and use firefox instead of IE or try doing a repair to IE. Usually IE updates to version 8 and it has problems - version 7 works fine. Uninstalling 8 changes it back to 7. Version 8 will not download properly on a lot of sites - they changed it so U have to use Windows explorer instead to download from FTP sites, and it will not connect to some sites due to all of the security they installed. You could try using default settings on security and turn off filters to see if that works. When windows updates IE it automatically changes to high security.
Ok, could be quite simple or more complicated difficult to know at the moment
first its a good idea to check that you can actually connect to sites
if you can then its more likely a problem with explorer
click the start button, then click "run" when the dialouge box appears type "cmd"
A black window should appear type "ping google.com"
C:\Documents and Settings\Nick>ping google.com
Pinging google.com [188.8.131.52] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 184.108.40.206: bytes=32 time=95ms TTL=234
Reply from 220.127.116.11: bytes=32 time=93ms TTL=234
Reply from 18.104.22.168: bytes=32 time=98ms TTL=234
Ping statistics for 22.214.171.124:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 3, Lost = 1 (25% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 93ms, Maximum = 98ms, Average = 95ms
does this appear? Next it would help to know how you connect to the
internet i,e wirless router? Which operating system do you use , vista
, xp etc ? Which version of internet explore are you using? And also
what updates did you install recently was it a service pack update if
so was it sp1 or sp2 etc as there are some known issues with update and
Another potentialy simple soloution might be to to download another
browser like "firefox" from another computer put it on a usb stick and
the transfer to your pc, install firefox onto your pc and see if it
allows you to connect to websites
good luck, would like to know how it turns out
Go to the Microsoft Update site and Download and Install all the necessary updates there are for your PC, they are crucial. link below...
As well as doing that.. then, go to the Microsoft Downloads site and download Internet Explorer Seven (7) Install this and this all may fix your current problem. link below.....