Question about Garmin StreetPilot 2720 GPS Receiver
My 2730 would not calibrate. I saw this on a forum and it worked like a charm.
1) Fill a bowl or sink with warm water and a small amount of neutral soap. AJAX worked for me!!!!
2) Turn the SP2xxx screen down towards the water and immerse the front of the unit in the water.
3) Using a *soft* toothbrush, *gently* clean around the frame edges of the screen. With care, the soft bristles should dislodge any foreign object that may have become lodged between the screen and the unit case.
4) Rinse the front of the unit under running water.
5) Gently dry the outside of the unit with a soft towel or cloth.
6) If desired, leave the unit in a warm airing cupboard overnight to completely dry out.
Hook up the unit and try it out! All reports I've read elsewhere reported that the touch screen worked again after this process. If it fails, you were going to send it back to Garmin anyway so you haven't lost anything by trying it. This worked and I plugged it in right after with hair drying on cool for a couple minutes.
Posted on Aug 19, 2009
This worked for me. The important thing is to wait until the unit is completely dry. I thought I had dried it and the screen did not work but three days later I tried it again and the screen worked enough to allow me to recalibrate it. Now it works perfectly.
Posted on Oct 10, 2009
If the touchscreen has failed the it is serious. It is not a simple or cheap fix. Take it to its own service center.
Posted on Jun 21, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 30, 2013 | Tablets & eReaders
Nov 04, 2011 | Apple iPod touch
Aug 19, 2011 | Naxa Electronics NMV155 ayer
Jun 15, 2010 | HTC G1
May 21, 2010 | Palm Pixi Cell Phone
Apr 07, 2010 | HTC Touch Diamond Smartphone
Mar 11, 2010 | Apple iPod touch
Sep 22, 2009 | Apple iPod touch
474 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: