I just bought this pump and no where in the manual does it say anything about chlorine/chemicals/ where to put them etc. all it talks about is a filter. i'm confused i thought for sure it would need chlorine
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: cant figure out where to put chlorine/chemicals
All pool water balancing chemicals should be added directly to the pool. Unless you have a specific "Feeding" type of equipment, all goes in to the pool water, never into a pump or filter!
Water sanitizing chemicals are the same instructions as above!
What is the difference? Water Balance = pH, Total Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness. Santizer = Chlorine, or Bromine, Biguanide. Your choice of which family of sanitizer will be best for your family.
Taking a water sample directly from the pool, to your local pool supply store is a VERY good Idea. They will assist a novice pool owner and provide you a complimentary ( in most cases ) water analysis and give you a computer print out of what you need to do.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Drain the water weekly. IF you really want to dish out the money you can get an Ultraviolet sanitizer or even an ozone generator but those are made to work with chemicas like chlorine or bromine, not stand alone, also for pools. And even then you would have to manage the ph somehow and that can only be done by replacing water or some kind of acid. Chlorine tabs now a days usually take care of both trichlor being slightly acidic for such a small body of water takes care of both. If you have some kind of chlorine smell from your spa and you are not sitting right next to a chlorine floater then you have a problem with the chemical balance and is a byproduct of chloramines.
You can try using shock or liquid chlorine and bring the chlorine level back to 3 ppm.. 1 small bag can treat up to 10,000 gallons.. After that, raise the cycle time on your chlorinator to maintain that level...
If you do not want to use those chemicals, raise your pump cycle time to 12 hrs and your chlorinator to 10 or 11 hrs and should see some results within a few days... The chemical method should yield faster results... Good luck...
You should always follow the instructions on the manual .. I have a 18X33X4 oval and had to start with over 350 lbs of salt and ran the pump without the chlorinator for 24 hours to properly disolve the salt. Then, I started with 12 hrs pump cycle with 10 hrs of chlorination in between the 12 hrs. Keep checking the chlorine level and adjust time from there. Currently at temperatures of 85 to 100, I run the system at 10 hrs pump with 8 hrs chrlorinator and water is Crystal Clear... In the 2 years with the intex system, I have not added any chemicals to my pool. I once had an issue when the water level went low while I was on vacation, when I came back, the chrolinator had turned off due to low flow and my pool water was green.. As soon as I re-started the cycle, a few days later, Crystal Clear again... NO CHEMICALS OR SHOCK added.... Hope this helps....
I've been running mine for 2 years without checking anything other than the free chlorine level and it's always crystal clear without adding NO CHEMICALS. Make sure you have the correct salt level and start the unit. Take a water sample at the discharge after the chlorinating light comes on and check to see if it measures chlorine. Should be slightly yellow color. If so, your unit is producing free chlorine.
This could be due to a number of different things. Will need more info from you. Did you put the recommended amount of salt for the pool size? Did you allow 24 hours and brush the pool bottom in order for the salt to dissolve on the initial setup? The Element that creates the chemical reaction may not be working at capacity or at all. The element and copper electrode will need cleaned monthly. See your owners manual under maintenance on how to clean those items. The easiest way to know if the element is working is you should see bubbles in the tube. It is a gas created by the chemical reaction, which is normal. Also, you may simply be losing generated chlorine in direct sunlight. If you have not done so already, you will need to add stabilizer. Hope this helps.
The first thing I would check is the chlorine pump's element tube (squeeze tube) The element tubes often get worn out and stop drawing chlorine through the pump and into the wash tank. Most chemical supplier will have these element tubes. The element tube is located in the chemical pump. The chemical pump is usually located just inside the front lower service panel of the machine.
You won't see one. You can not pump chlorine or detergent through the
pump. What you can do is get an injector kit which will siphon solution into
the discharge from the pump. The problem is that it will be at low pressure.
When you are applying a solution, it is done at low pressure to do a wet down.
You allow that to work for a few minutes then you pressure wash after the
solution has done its job. If you try to apply the solution at high pressure
you will only waste your product as it will have no benefit being in contact
with the surface but for a few hundredths of a second. There are pumps that
will apply chemicals under pressure such as a golf course might use to spray
fertilizer on the greens. These type pumps are pressure sprayers and you mix
your chemicals in a tank and the pump pulls the solution from the tank, These
pumps are made of chemical resistant materials and are fairly expensive. They
however are not pressure washer type pumps.
I found I had the same problem. I would set the hours, it would count them down but the green light would NOT come on indicating it was producing chlorine, yet the sleep light would light up after the count down so I knew the light was working. I checked my salt, made adjustments, had to do shock treatments to keep it clean. Today I found out that the manual is incorrect in how it says to set it. After you set the hours, instead of pushing both the arrows at the same time until it beeps, push the down button until it beeps, and then the up button until it beeps. For 2 months I have fussed with this system, and finally the green light came on and my test strips indicate it is producing chlorine. Yeah! To bad intex does not seem to mention this on their web site.