My wife spilled some water on her Pebl and she shut it off for the
night. She dried it pretty good but it had a protective case over it
and she thought that it didnt get water into the inside of the phone
but it did. The next morning the phone wouldnt work. We left the
battery out all day and yes, the "wet" dot had turned red. We thought
all was lost, but that evening after it had dried we replaced the sim
card and battery and turned it on and it worked fine....except it
needed to be charged and when she went to plug it in we got the "unable
to charge" msg and the phone shut off. Well, since I had bought the
phone second off of Ebay I knew there was nothing that Cingular would
do, I took the screws out of the back and took the phone apart. There
is another one of those dots back there as well....and it wasnt
tripped. I did notice a little bit of white stuff around were the
battery prongs touch the main circuit board, I gently used the small
screw driver I used to take out the screws and cleaned that stuff off.
I also gently scraped those prongs and the metal they touch on the
circuit board. Thought it was a long shot but I put the phone back
together and plugged it in and bygod, its charging. Guess we will see
how long this fixes the problem. Hope this helps you out some.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: *Unable to charge
Try a different battery in it when you are trying to charge if it works your fixed if not it may be as you suspect.
The other way is to try a different chargers well if the prob is still there then it is in the phone and needs a tech to look at it
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Cell phone batteries are only good for about 300 charges then they go kaput. Take your charger to the store and try it there likely just a bad battery. Or a faulty charger, they will be able to tell you at US Cellular they have test equipment that they can check the battery and the charger and the phone charging circuit, I've never been charged for that service.
COULD BE THE PHONE BUT MOST LIKELY ITS THE CHARGER, IF ITS AFTERMARKET GET RID OF IT AND BUY OEM, TRY AND TEST IT OUT WOULD A FREINDS MOTOROLA CHARGER SINCE THEY'RE MOSTLY THE SAME CHARGERS AND SEE IF YOU STILL GET THE MESSAGE.
have you tried measuring the output voltage on the charger?? if not... use a multimeter to check if there is a voltage coming out on the charger.. if there is... you doomed.... the charging module (charging IC) on your phone is fckd..
I plugged my phone up and all of a sudden got the message "Unable to charge" on it. I changed chargers (i had an extra one), i changed batteries (i had an extra one), and i swapped every combination imaginable.
My Razr's plug has an opening to plug the phone that resembles a person's navel, and it got dirt and dust bunnies in it while it was in and out of my pockets. I was able to take an old tooth brush (or your new one if your really desperate), and got a can of office duster that you use to clean keyboards. Turn the can of office duster upside down for a second while you are spraying it and liquid will come out as you are spraying the connector. Immediately after that, use your toothbrush to work it inside the dirty connector to free it from anything that will keep it from making good contact. Then, hold the can of office duster upright and it will only spray air... and blow the connector free of anything that you loosened with the brush. Repeat this process if after all this it still doesn't work... because you have a REALLY REALLY dirty connector if it doesn't work after the first try.