Question about Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Amana turbo 210
One of the solenoids in part #8181694 is not closing completely. This part is easy to replace.
1. Turn off the water from both inlets and unplug the machine.
2. Unscrew the hot/cold from the machine. You may want to use a bucket to collect the 2 cups of water that will pour out of the hoses.
3. From the rear of the machine, use a #20 torx head to remove the 5 bolts holding the top cover.
4. Slide the cover back and lift to remove.
5. See the attached picture. The red arrow in the upper left corner points to the inlet valve.
6. Note the color of the electric connections. The white plugs are on the right. The black on the left. Unplug these.
7. From the rear of the machine, remove the #20 torx bolt which holds the valve in place.
8. Using pliers, pinch the hose clamp and pull the rubber hose from the inlet valve.
9. Lift out the inlet valve.
10. OPTIONAL : Connect the valve to a garden hose using a female/female hose bib. See the attached picture. Turn the part upsidedown and shake it. This will loosen the solenoid and some water will squirt out. Turn it rightside up and see if the valve seals itself. Repeat if necessary. Repeat on the other inlet. In the picture you can see the leak coming from the valve.
Posted on Aug 01, 2008
See the post by catriver on Jan 19, 2007, in response to Swede's post of same day.
catriver suugests replacing the inlet valve and it's an easy fix - three screws and a clamp.
Swede reported that you need a Torx head screw driver though.
Posted on Nov 14, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 16, 2009 | Amana ALW780QA
Aug 02, 2009 | Amana NAV2335A Top Load Washer
Apr 01, 2009 | Amana NAV8805EWW 3.3 Cu. Ft. Elustra Tub...
Mar 09, 2009 | Amana ALW880WH Top Load Washer
Feb 18, 2009 | Amana 3.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer
Jul 14, 2008 | Amana Washing Machines
Jul 05, 2008 | Washing Machines
Dec 06, 2007 | Amana ALW480DA Top Load Washer
Feb 20, 2007 | Amana ALW880WH Top Load Washer
9,049 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: