Pc is restarting but doesn't show the log on screen
Hey guys, i have a serious prblem with my computer: it doesn't start. Here are the steps i always do: 1. I just press the power button. 2. It boots. 3. But it stops just at the windows xp logo then it reboots. 4. Now it's different: it shows a screen that sounds like that: Safe mode, Safe mode with bla bla bla and i choose last known configuration. 5. Then 2 ;) and so on... Please ^:)^ what can i do? how can i fix this problem?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Pc is restarting but doesn't show the log on screen
It sounds like your Windows Installation is corrupt. If there isn't anything you need on the drive, I would get a Windows XP CD (Look on the side of your case for a Windows Key, Get that version of the CD) Then I'd use that windows XP CD to wipe the drive and Re-install windows. If there is Data on the drive you need, You will need to invest in either a second HD, or You need to Install Windows on a Second HD and boot from that if you already have a second HD.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Runtime Error Runtime Error 9401 is a common kind of computer error that can be caused by damaged registry files, damaged .log files, faulty program installation and uninstall, serious virus attacks and application confliction. Runtime Error Runtime Error 9401 problems sometimes are hard to detect by Windows operating system itself and you have to restart your computer to get rid of Runtime Error Runtime Error 9401.
Runtime Error Runtime Error 9401 can lead to:
Blue Screen of Death Errors
Obscure computer errors like ActiveX Errors, DLL errors and EXE errors
Dear Joanne, it means that your update is not either downloaded correctly or there might be some problem with your windows.
1. Restart your computer mate and before the windows screen appears start pressing F8 key. 2. It shall show you a list of different options in which you can boot to windows o/s. 3. First choose LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION option from the list and then press enter. Give a try there. If everything works fine, its good. You shall have to update again. 4. If it doesn't solve the problem then repeat the above mentioned step and this time go for Safe Mode. Once logging in the Safe Mode, Restore your computer to an earlier restore point and it shall definitely solve your problem.
In both cases you shall have to update your computer again.
Follow these step to login in your sysytem-
1. Reboot your windows , once it starts up, keep clicking f8 , this should bring you to safe mode, start windows automatically under safe mode and follow these steps below .2. Once you're in safe mode, On the bottom of your screen, click "start" menu , Go in to your control panel, find user accounts , click on that.3. Go into user accounts and find your log in screen name you use example " duckie , and delete password log in, after you have done that now you can restart your system , it should just log you right in automatically without asking for your password.4. Once you have completed the above steps, go back in to your user account and create yourself a new password and don't forget it this time, it's always safe to run windows with a password and login screen name. hope this helps you.. ThanksKristin
step 1: restart windows
step 2: while its booting up press F8 (if you see a black screen that says windows and a green loading bar apears you waited to long)
step 3: you will be prompted for how to start up_press ~start windows in safe mode~
step 4: type in administrator and log in (hopefully your settings allow you to type in the username if thats not set you have to go into the computer profile settings<explained later in this letter>)
-logging on in safe mode allows you to see if in fact you do have a master administrator-
step 5:if in fact a master admin is present restart windows normally and type in administrator and log on. and play your game there
also-------in your master administrator you should go to account setting and change settings privacy settings in the account you currently use
*how to change log in screen settings* log on on any administrator account go to control panel, user accounts, change the way users log on or log off, unlick welcome screen, save changes and restart your comuter.
This happens since you are using pirated version of windows.In order to avoid this follow the below steps
1. Before doing anything serious try restoring your system. If the problem is occurring after the Windows Update then System Restore will surely help.
2. But if it does not then do try this, launch Windows Task Manager.
3. Locate the process “wgatray.exe” and end it.
4. Log in into the Safe Mode and delete the file WgaTray.exe from c:\Windows\System32
5. Also delete the WgaTray.exe from c:\Windows\System32\dllcache
6. Type regedit in Run to open Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify key.
7. Delete the folder WgaLogon and all of its contents.
8. Restart the PC normally.
Sounds like you were trying to jailbreak your phone and it failed. You need to get your phone back into DFU mode and do a full restore to version 1.1.3. Then use ZiPhone (ziphone.org) to jailbreak your phone. Use these instructions to get your phone into DFU mode and restore your phone:
Hi dont worry, for some reason the FSB speed has been changed in the bios,
to fix it you need to restart the pc, press del or F2 on some machines while on the black screen, a blue bios screen will appear, i think it should be under advanced or cpu settings, varys on different machines, look for one thats CPU FSB probably says 100 or 133, if it says 100 change to 133 if 133 change to 166,
once you have made the change, save and quit
and it will show the correct speed, if you change the settings above what i have suggested you will be overclocking the machine and it might not start up, and you will have to remove bios jumper on motherboard, but just change from 100-133 or 133-166 and you will be fine...