Question about Orion1934 19" TV
Orion TV Model No: STV255A - 2001 model
The TV is stuck on AUX 1. The universal remote (RCA) can only turn the TV on and off and manipulate the volume. To access the menu I have to press the up and down volume controls at the same time. I can move through and adjust certain menu options (picture, audio, language, and v-chip) by moving the up and down volume keys but I cannot adjust the set channel option. I've checked the back of the TV and everything is hooked up the way it's always been (cable connected to DVD player then connection running to TV). Previously, the TV made a slight buzzing sound, but I don't know if this is related. Everything else was fine.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Turn the set on, hook the cable directly to the TV, take the remote control and press 1 - 1 and if the TV tunes in channel 11 then your set is fine. If the TV was autoprogrammed when hooked to a cable box then the only channels that will be stored in memory are 3, maybe 4 and AUX. To correct this simply go back into the menu and look for the "autoprogram" option and perform the autoprogram while the cable is directly connected to the TV, without a cable box.
Posted on Jul 29, 2007
These sets don't like universal remotes. It's almost like Orion made them this way. Try this tip http://www.fixya.com/support/r387655-orion_tv_remote_code_here .
Posted on Oct 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 16, 2015 | RCA Televison & Video
Direct Code Entry:
Find the code your device.
1. Press and hold "CODE SEARCH".
2. Press and release the TV, VCR or Cable button. If programming an AUX position, press and release AUX first and then press the device type to be programmed.
3. Enter the 3-digit code number.
4. Release "CODE SEARCH".
5. With the device on, press another button to test (volume control/power button).If it does not work, repeat steps 1 to 5 with other codes which you have.
follow the below steps to set remote without codes
1. Turn on the device you wish to control.
2. Press and hold "CODE SEARCH".
3. Press and release the TV, VCR or Cable button. If programming an AUX position, press and release AUX first and then press the device type to be programmed.
4. Release "CODE SEARCH".
5. Press ON/OFF repeatedly until the device turns off.
6. When the device shuts off press and release ENTER.
7. Try using the remote. If it does not function repeat steps 1 through 6
To Get The Code Please Go To Below Website:
You need to select the following information from the drop down list
1.Model of the remote
2.Type of device to which you want to program(TV/DVD/VCR)
Mar 13, 2011 | RCA Televison & Video
Oct 23, 2009 | RCA Televison & Video
Jul 27, 2008 | RCA Televison & Video
Jul 29, 2007 | Orion1934 19" TV
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: