Question about LG CHOCOLATE VX8500 Cellular Phone
I am having the same problem with my phone. It was fine one day then the next day I couldnt hear any body or be heard from my phone. My phone has sound it rings but when I answer it its dead air basically. I called verizon from another phone and they told me to remove the battery while the phone is on and leave it out for a minute and put the battery back in and turn on the phone. It worked fine that day and now today its doing the same thing but now I cant get it to work at all.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Won't Turn On/Charge
when that happened to me it could have been caused by two possible problems:
1) water damage. If you know it's not water damage, it still could be because if you had your phone in the bathroom while having a shower, steam can seep in and if it's one thing I noticed about chocolate flips they get water damage really easily.
------>>> If that is the case then you have to take your battery off and take a really fine ground sand paper and rub along the contacts (like the copper that is on the battery and the phone that touch when you put ur battery in) and that will rub off any kind of oxidization (rust) and possibly make your phone work. It happened to mine and I did that and it was successful
2) you could not be turning your phone off regularly enough. Technically, you are supposed to turn your phone off every night when you go to bed to give your battery time to re-vamp. Also, I was speaking with a rep from telus and they were saying that you should also turn your phone off during the day, just for a minute then turn it back on again and apparently it recharges the battery as well.
Hope this helps!! It only comes from personal experience so it all depends on the reason why it's doing that.
Posted on Dec 09, 2007
Sometimes there might just be lint or something in the headset port. Try taking some canned air and blow it out or take a headset and plug it in and out a few times.
Posted on Sep 24, 2008
I took my battery out for about 15 minutes and when I put it back it, it started working properly.....lets see how long that lasts.
Posted on Aug 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 03, 2011 | LG CHOCOLATE VX8500 Cellular Phone
Jun 15, 2010 | Cell Phones
Jul 30, 2009 | T-Mobile Sidekick® 3 Cellular Phone
Feb 18, 2009 | Logitech 250 Headset
Jul 29, 2008 | Cell Phones
Jul 21, 2008 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Nov 27, 2007 | LG CHOCOLATE VX8500 Cellular Phone
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: