Question about Philips GoGear HDD6330 MP3 Player
I bought two of these on buy.com. One works fine - the other has two problems, both seem related to the connections to other devices.
1. the sound only comes through one earphone. (the same earphones work fine on the other player). Is this a problem with the earphone jack ?
2. when connected via usb to PC, the PC does not see the player (message 'not connected'). The same Pc connects to the other player fine.Is this a problem with the connection out to the USB cable ?
I have done all the steps above. Still have a problem with one channel. Any more ideas
Posted on Feb 21, 2008
Install a clean version of the software from the Philips website first.
Make sure you back up all songs on the GoGear before attempting this solution.
1) Back up all files on the GoGear
2) Open up Philips Device Manager (Start --> All Programs --> Philips)
3) Click on the Repair Tab, and look for a msg that says connect the player while holding the volume + button
4) Disconnect the GoGear from the computer and turn the GoGear off - hold in the volume + button and continue to hold it as you reconnect the GoGear to the computer; after holding the volume + button for up to 20 or 30 seconds, a window will open up saying that your device is being repaired (now you can let go of the volume + button); after the repair is successfully complete, your GoGear will be good as new
Now you can do the firmware upgrade that will prevent this problem from occuring in the future. Open up Philips Device Manager and click the Update tab. This problem was caused because most GoGear's were designed for Windows XP with Media Player 10 (which is no longer the latest standard).
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Feb 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2012 | MP3 & Digital Media Players
Dec 01, 2008 | Samsung Yepp YP-P2 Digital Media Player
Aug 20, 2008 | Insignia NS-DV2G MP3 Player
Apr 13, 2008 | MP3 & Digital Media Players
Dec 03, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa m230 MP3 Player
May 08, 2007 | Creative Labs Zen MicroPhoto MP3 Player
Aug 08, 2006 | iRiver H10 MP3 Player
71 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!