Question about Philips GoGear HDD6330 MP3 Player
I bought two of these on buy.com. One works fine - the other has two problems, both seem related to the connections to other devices.
1. the sound only comes through one earphone. (the same earphones work fine on the other player). Is this a problem with the earphone jack ?
2. when connected via usb to PC, the PC does not see the player (message 'not connected'). The same Pc connects to the other player fine.Is this a problem with the connection out to the USB cable ?
I have done all the steps above. Still have a problem with one channel. Any more ideas
Posted on Feb 21, 2008
Install a clean version of the software from the Philips website first.
Make sure you back up all songs on the GoGear before attempting this solution.
1) Back up all files on the GoGear
2) Open up Philips Device Manager (Start --> All Programs --> Philips)
3) Click on the Repair Tab, and look for a msg that says connect the player while holding the volume + button
4) Disconnect the GoGear from the computer and turn the GoGear off - hold in the volume + button and continue to hold it as you reconnect the GoGear to the computer; after holding the volume + button for up to 20 or 30 seconds, a window will open up saying that your device is being repaired (now you can let go of the volume + button); after the repair is successfully complete, your GoGear will be good as new
Now you can do the firmware upgrade that will prevent this problem from occuring in the future. Open up Philips Device Manager and click the Update tab. This problem was caused because most GoGear's were designed for Windows XP with Media Player 10 (which is no longer the latest standard).
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Feb 11, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 07, 2014 | Audio Players & Recorders
Aug 15, 2013 | D-Link D Link Dir 825 Xtreme Dual Band...
Jun 11, 2010 | HP 530 Notebook PC
Jun 18, 2008 | Visonik Dual Bass Box with Amplifier Car...
Jun 14, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
May 27, 2008 | HP Media Center m7250n (ED842AA) PC...
78 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!