- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
On the front of the CD rom there is a small pin-size hole, carefully put a drawing pin into the hole and it will open the CD drive manually, if it doesn't read disks anymore consider replacing your CD drive
Welcome to FixYa!
Based on your question, you have a few options:
- If your broadband stick came with a self-installation cd, you just have to insert the cd to your pc then wait for the program to respond. Do not plug-in yet the broadband stick unless specified by the cd. The program will give you a step by step procedure on how to install it.
- If in case it does not have its own installation cd, then it will vary on what kind of broadband stick you have for the way to install them will vary. Since I don't know the brand of your broadband stick I'll just provide you basic steps on how to install it.
Plug-in the broadband stick to your pc.
Wait for the program to respond. Once the broadband stick has been detected an install wizard will show up. Just follow the steps on the wizard by clicking next and by accepting the agreement. This will lead you into the part where it would connect your internet and it will tell you if you have successfully installed it.
If it does not respond, you could go to the hard drive and search for your device. Once you found it, open the file, look for install.exe and double click on it. Then follow the same procedure given.
Once your done with the installation wizard, your pc will restart and it will tell you if the broadband has been successfully been installed and if its working properly.
sounds like the gears are worn!! next time you get it open look underneath and you will see some round gears. put some vaseline on them, not too much and open and close the drawer a number of times to work the grease in. all equipment needs lubrication of some sort !!
you can get the disc out by inserting a pin in the small hole on the cd draw, but when this happens it means the laser is failing to read the disc and the cdrom is failing, unfortunately the cdrom cannot be changed in the acer notebooks.