Question about Kenmore 44102 Front Load Washer
When the cycle starts, the water comes pouring out of the soap dispenser area. When we quickly pulled it out, we noticed that the water was not draining down into the washer fast enough and was backing up out of the soap tray. We have heard about a lot of clogging issues with this washer. There are no authorized service providers in our area. We need to know how to access the water drain (into the unit, not the drain out of the unit) so that we can check for clogs.
My LG front loader is stopping during the drain cycle (making a humming sound as if it is trying to drain, but can't....What can I do?
Posted on Sep 03, 2008
Eagle 388's solution was perfect. My fabric softener dispenser has been blocked for months. His solution worked perfectly. You saved me heaps of money, time and inconvenience....Thank you!
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
First, make sure you don't have your drain hose shoved down in the
drain standpipe too far. If you don't leave an air gap for the drain
hose, this will often cause poor drainage problems and/or siphoning of
the water as it tries to fill (this may be a cause for your soapy
clothes, too). The drain hose should rest inside the standpipe so that
pipe is not sealed and the hose is not sitting in the drain trap. You
can check your drainage also by connecting a wet/dry shop vac to the
drain hose and try to pull water through it from the machine. There
will be some residual water that remains in the tub after washing. Just
follow these simple steps:
1. Unplug machine.
2. Remove the lower kick plate under the door. There will be a screw in the bottom corners of the panel holding it on.
3. Find the drain pump. It will be on the right-hand side and is usually white in color. The drain hose from the bottom of the tub will be connected to it.
4. Remove drain hose from standpipe and connect a wet/dry shop vac (if you have one) to the end of it.
5. Turn vacuum on and watch the drain hoses from the tub and from the pump. If the hoses collapse, you have a clog somewhere.
6. Remove the drain hose leading to the pump. Check the impeller area of the pump for debris. This is usually where coins, clothing labels and other items get caught.
7. Clean out the pump and drain hoses.
8. When finished, reconnect any drain hoses that you previously removed making sure you get a good seal with the hose clamp BEFORE you fill the machine. If you notice a leak during fill, hit the "CANCEL" button to stop. Make sure you place the drain hose back in the standpipe too.
Now...dispenser problems are usually the result of fabric softener and mildew. If you remove the dispenser tray from the machine and look inside the compartment on the front of the washer, you will notice a series of small holes in the overhead portion of the cavity. This is where water gets dispensed into the tray and flushes softener, bleach and detergent into your wash. If these holes get clogged, the tray will not dispense properly. Take a rag and clean this area thoroughly using some hot water. The water will need to be warm enough the melt any fabric softener residue that may have accumulated over time. Next, clean the area really good with some bleach solution to get rid of any mildew. You may have to use something to clear all the holes of debris. Often fabric softener is the culprit and it cakes the holes up. A simple wiping down with a rag may not be enough to do it. A cotton swap of tooth pick works great at cleaning these holes. This is also a good time to take the dispenser tray and soak it in some hot water in the kitchen sink to clean it out as well. Good luck to you and let me know if you find this advice helpful.
Posted on Nov 03, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 14, 2013 | Indesit Washing Machines
Apr 03, 2013 | Samsung WF328AAW Front Load Washer
Aug 22, 2010 | LG Washing Machines
Aug 19, 2009 | Samsung WF328AAW Front Load Washer
Jul 20, 2009 | Washing Machines
May 23, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Apr 08, 2008 | LG WM-1485FHD Front Load Washer
Jan 16, 2008 | LG WM1814CW Front Load Washer
Nov 04, 2007 | LG WM2277H Front Load Washer
2,984 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: