Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Hi I have just purchased a HP Pavilion dv4-1225dx laptop but I cannot get the wireless portion to connect to the wireless router. My router is a NETGEAR Wireless G #WGR614v.9. I have tried everything thus far with no success. Can you offer any suggestion please?
Look underneath the bottom of the laptop. HP is known for putting the wireless toggle switch under the laptop, to keep it out of the way. But that also keeps people from finding the switch to wireless, from wired.
I'd bet your laptop works if plugged into the network with an RJ45 cable.
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
Follow the steps below on a computer connected to the router wired:
1. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox) on a computer connected to the router.
2. Access the router usually http://192.168.1.1 else try http://www.routerlogin.com
3. Login to the router (User Name = admin Password = password unless you have changed it).
4. Click on Wireless Settings'(under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Select security options as WPA-PSK. Enter a password in the passphrase box. Apply the settings.
Make sure the wireless switch on the laptop is turned on and then perform the steps below to connect to the wirless network:
1. Click START, Click Control Panel then click classic view in left hand side menu.
2. In the main screen, open up NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER.
3. In the left hand side menu open up MANAGE WIRELESS NETWORKS.
4. If you see any name in the list, please select the name and click remove.
5. Once the list is empty, click on ADD, select the first option, ADD A NETWORK THAT IS IN RANGE OF THE COMPUTER.
6. Click on your network name SSID and click on connect. If you have a password setup on the router enter the security key.
7. This should setup the wireless network.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jun 22, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2012 | Brother MFC9560CDW AllInOne Laser Printer
Apr 25, 2012 | HP Pavilion 1137NR Notebook
Mar 24, 2012 | HP Pavilion Dv6910us Notebook
Feb 28, 2012 | Arris SURFboard SBG901 Wireless Cable...
Jun 30, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Jun 03, 2009 | HP Pavilion zx5000 Notebook
Aug 05, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
May 24, 2008 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Jan 08, 2008 | Trendware TEW-432BRP Wireless Router...
Dec 08, 2007 | Computers & Internet
136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: