Question about Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Trying to convert to 133 freon . help identify the

Trying to convert from 112  to 134 freon. purchased retro fit kit. I need  help in identifying  the high side and low side fittings. Car is a 1990 .740

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 158 Answers

Low side pipe is bigger

Posted on Jun 20, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My air conditioner is not working and I am trying to put in some freeon but i am not quite sure with it goes

When u purchase freaon these days from your local parts store its always R134A, which is allowed to be sold to the public.

You are either buying a self install kit or you will have to buy the kit to allow the freon to be inserted into the system.Not knowing what you have bought its hard to help you out. BUT all freon you will purchase goes through the LOW pressurse side of the AC system.

If you have to add freon you are loosing it which means you have a leak.Contamination is something you want to avoid. ALSO your vehicle is PRE 134A so you will need to have a station remove the R12 freon 1st if there is anything left in your system, them install a retro kit, but you will need to purchase some other items to allow this NEW style freon and oil to be able to be accepted.

Sorry alot of info here but you are working with an older car if you have not retrofited it with 134A before you will need to go to a shop that is able to handle the R12 freon 1st.

Good luck

Aug 24, 2010 | 1992 Honda Accord

1 Answer

What kind of refrigerant does a 93 towncar take?does it need a conversion kit?

Yes needs to be retro fitted to 134a freon, came with R12.

Jul 17, 2010 | 2002 Lincoln LS

1 Answer

What kind of fluid is needed for air-conditioning in 1991 toyota camry?

The freon it came out with is r-12 but 134a is what you need to go back in with,and you will have to change the fittings over also,They are called retro fits,ask for them when you purchase the freon,and a charge hose to put it in with,If this was at all helpful,please rate,thank you.,

Jul 20, 2010 | 1991 Toyota Camry

2 Answers

How much freon goes in a 1991 honda civic?

Your Honda takes R12 freon, R12 freon is no longer sold, if your car has not been retro fitted to 134a freon, you will have to buy a retro fit kit, so you can install 134a freon, If it has been or after retro fitted, total freon 1.5 lbs 134a freon.

Jul 09, 2010 | 1991 Honda Civic

1 Answer

The air conditioning doesnt work it just blows hot air even with the ac on. i dont know whats wrong with it if everything needs to be replaced or just something simple. i know nothing about cars

What I would try first is recharge the a/s system, your car came with R12 freon, that type of freon is impossible to get these days, so you will need a retro fit kit to convert it to 134A freon, the kit will have two 134a fittings that screw on to your R12 port, so that the 134a recharge hose will go on, the low side will be the one your add freon through, it will be the thinker hose of the two, the thin one is the high side stay away from that one, you will also need one can of freon (134a), if it works, it might work for a while till the freon leaks out again, then you will have to take it it for repair, but this way you know it's just a leak and every thing else works.Good luck, let me know if I can be of more help.

Jun 27, 2010 | 1992 Honda Accord

2 Answers

When recharging my air condition does it take freon or take R134a?

It takes r-12,but needs to be retro fitted to 134a .

Jun 25, 2010 | 1993 Honda Accord

1 Answer

Where is the low pressure value located so i can add freon into the compressor

look at the ac compressor and follow the large ac line/hose untill u come to the service port,,has it been retofitted for 134a? if not go to parts store and ask for a retro fit foe the low side,u will need to remove the sharader valve before installing the low side retro fit,,also purchase a charge hose

Jul 05, 2009 | 1991 Mercury Cougar

1 Answer

R12 to R134

You have to have the R12 completely evacuated. This is done at a repair facility that works on A/C. The only thing after that is screwing on 2 fittings to your existing lines and charge your system. Companies make retro-fit kits so the owner can do it themselves. These kits are available at most part stores.

Jun 12, 2008 | 1991 Buick Regal

Not finding what you are looking for?
Heating & Cooling Logo

Related Topics:

41 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Heating & Cooling Experts

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3335 Answers

Mack Baxter

Level 3 Expert

383 Answers


Level 3 Expert

82322 Answers

Are you a Heating and Cooling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides