Question about Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet Printer
The red warning-light flashes also. I tried already unplugging the power-cord & then starting the printer again after a few minutes.
The warranty has passed & Canon wants £100, just to look at it!
Please help & thanks in advance - Falco.
Remove the print head and cartridges.Unplug machine for 30 min.
Repower and reseat head and ink do a head alignment.
If this does not correct it may require service.
Ink Cartridges are the BCI6 and 3 series correct?
If using CLI8's and they are flashing red you have a bad cartridge or it is in the wrong location.If so Canon will replace the bad cartridge.
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Start with printer powered off
1. Open cover of printer and verify that the ink cartridge carriage is not in the center of the printer. Leave cover open.
2. Unplug the electrical cord from the printer and wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug electrical cord back in, when ink cartridge carriage moves to the center of the printer quickly unplug the electrical cord again. This should leave the ink cartridge carriage in the center of the printer so you can get to it.
4. Lift up the gray arm that surrounds the ink cartridges.
5. Remove the entire ink cartridge holder (not just the ink cartridges). It will lift out easily as a unit. Lower the gray arm that you lifted to remove the cartridge holder.
6. Close printer cover. Plug electricity back in.
7. There should be a message about checking the ink cartridge on the display (I can
I’m happy to assist further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/joe_8b8c2cd6ce148309
Jul 20, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Oct 18, 2008 | Canon MultiPASS MP730 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 20, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Jan 28, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 10, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 26, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 08, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 21, 2007 | Canon BJC 80 InkJet Printer
295 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!