Question about Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

I just purchased a Astrolon 60 mm edu-science telescope, model 36980, from a lawn sale, and the eyepiece attachment is broken off from the telescope. Is it possible to buy the collar that attaches the eyepiece to the base of the telescope?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 3,186 Answers

No -- you cannot buy parts for that telescope--- it's a toy scope. Hope you did not pay more than $2.00 for it.

Posted on Jun 22, 2009

Testimonial: "Thanks, I paid $5.00, I guess I got ripped off!"


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Need cd for the astrolon telescope 402 power

I have the 402 power astrolon telescope (item 36755), with the wooden tripod. I have the manual and the original CD (there's probably a more updated version--I've had this for approx. 10 yrs.). As for the manual, if you haven't found one, I'll make a copy and send it to you (it's only 6 small pages). Also, their customer service number is
800-637-3455. Hope this helps.

Jun 13, 2012 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

I purchased an Edu Science Astrolon 525 telescope at a second hand store. It is missing 3 of the 4 eye pieces, the directions, and the instructional CD. Are the directions (owner's manual?) and/or the...

No -- that scope is sold by Toys R Us-- no manuals exist anywhere on the internet. You can buy eyepieces from various on-line retailers-- measure the hole in the focuser. Eyepieces come in 3 different sizes--- .965 inch, 1.25 inch, and 2 inch.

Your scope either takes-- .965 or 1.25 inch eye[pieces-- buy the correct size. Here are two retailers:

By the way-- we receive more complaints about that brand of telescope than just about any other brand. It is being sold by a toy store.

Jul 19, 2011 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

How can I order a tripod for the edu science astrolon 525?

You cannot -- parts are not available for this small imported telescope. You might be able to find a regular photo camera tripod that would work.

Mar 08, 2011 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

We purchased an edu science telescope. model - 70 mm astro-gazer telescope. When we look through the "finderscope" everything is upside down. What do we do to fix this problem?

It isn't a problem. Astronomical telescopes usually show an upside down image. There is a good reason for this- erecting the image needs more bits of glass in the light path, which reduces the amount of light and increases aberrations. Even if this is only slight, astronomers prefer to avoid it, and they don't really care which way up the Moon or Jupiter appear.

It is possible to fit an erecting prism or eyepiece to most astronomical telescopes, and some of them come with one (your main scope may have one), but one wouldn't bother to do this with the small finder scope.

Feb 02, 2011 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

We bought an edu-science telescope at a garage sale and the eye-piece was broken. How can we get a bew part?

Eyepieces come in 3 sizes .965, 1.25, and 2 inch sizes. Measure the hole in the focuser and buy the correct size. The .965 size is hard to find.

Here are two retailers:

Dec 11, 2010 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

Just go the telescope and my son lost a piece on the eyepiece. it's a edu science telescope astro-gazer. Can you buy new eyepieces for it

Yes, but the ones for sale are all metal and not plastic like the ones that came with that scope (sold by Toys R Us).

They may cost more than what the entire telescope cost you.

Eyepieces come in 3 sizes --- .965 inch, 1.25 inch, and 2 inch. Measure the hole in the focuser. The .965 size is a little hard to find since most commercial telescopes use the 1.25 inch size.

Look around here:

Dec 08, 2010 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

I have the telescope but it appears somehow we are missing the eyepiece part of the telescope...i guess this screws into the main part of the telescope. we have the edu science coated optics 60mm /700 mm

The eyepiece slips into the hole in the focuser. You might also have a diagonal. Put the diagonal into the focuser first and then put the eyepiece into the diagonal.

You will find it is almost impossible to buy the .975 inch eyepieces that go into this telescope. The cost may be about the same amount as you spent on that scope. This is one of the worst telescopes to buy. We get many complaints on that brand which is being sold by Toys R Us.

It is almost useless for the astronomy hobby.

Read my tips on my profile page.

Aug 15, 2010 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

Need eye filter for F-700 mm

You mean an EYEPIECE?

Several companies sell eyepieces for telescopes. They come in .965, and 1.25 inch sizes. Measure the hole in the telescope.

Here are two companies:

May 04, 2010 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

I just purchased an edu science 102mm telecope. I

The end with the focuser. Then put the eyepiece with the largest number written on it into the focuser. I believe this model is a REFLECTOR, if it is there is a mirror in the bottom of the scope.

REFRACTORS have a lens in the front of the scope.

See this:

Then read my Frequently Asked Questions TIP on my profile page. The picture you selected shows a REFRACTOR telescope.

Mar 18, 2010 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

I have an Astrolon Telescope +8, 288 power and I can not see anything through it, please help me, I just have in the case a very limited manual to put it together

Put the eyepiece with the largest number written on it into the telescope. DO NOT USE the 2x barlow if you have one.

Practice focusing on a distant object during the day time.

Dec 26, 2009 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

Not finding what you are looking for?
Edu-Science (10166) Telescope Logo

Related Topics:

319 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Edu-Science Optics Experts

Craig Butler
Craig Butler

Level 3 Expert

1723 Answers

john cordey
john cordey

Level 3 Expert

727 Answers

Geoff White
Geoff White

Level 3 Expert

1935 Answers

Are you an Edu-Science Optic Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides