My pinter just stopped in the middle of a printing application. I receive the yellow blinking light, when I click on the resume button it will go to the green light but immediately go back to the yellow one. The only error message I receive is that the paper thickness lever is incorrect so I have switched it back to the other side but again it will go to the green light momentarily then right back to the yellow blinking light with the same message. Can this printer be saved????
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
try this. It is the reset for the waste ink error (8 flashes)
1) With the printer power OFF, while pressing the Resume button, press the Power button. (Do not release the power button.) 2) While pressing the Power button, release the Resume button, press the Resume button again twice, and then release the Resume button and Power button. 3) The green indicator flashes during initialization. When the indicator stops flashing and remains on, press the Resume button 4 times to clear waste ink message. (The indicator toggles between orange and green each time the Resume button is pressed.) 4) Next, press the Power button, and the green indicator will light, and the function will be executed. 5) Turn off the printer then back on and error should clear.
1. Turn off printer 2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button. 3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go. 4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go. 5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking. 6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times. 7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more. 8. Your printer should respond as normal.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Try the below procedures maybe the error of your printer is the waste ink counter.
Canon i550, i560, i850, i950, i960 (May work with i860, i865) 1. Start with the printer OFF 2. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER 3. release RESUME 4. press RESUME twice, then release POWER 5. Let green light blink until printer is done moving print head. 6. Select functions below with RESUME press POWER to execute:
Number of presses - light color - function 0 presses - green - Test print (or exit service mode on i960) 1 press - orange - EEPROM info print (plus grid nozzle diagnostic on i960) 2 presses - green - EEPROM initialize 3 presses - orange - Reset waste ink counter
The yellow blinking light is not reported in the code errors, take a look to service manual http://rapidshare.com/files/91114670/Canon_i550_i850_i950_Service_Manual.pdf.html (hard to find but I did it ! )
I had the same problem and I solve it sending the clean head command from the settings of the printer driver (win XP) I also reset the printer as it is explained in the service manual.