I have a vaio FZ 140 N/B, which was bought in USA 4 years ago. One day last week I put it on hibernate, then the next day I could not turn it on, either with A/C plug in or with battery. This is...
If you see power lights but nothing appears on the screen, it could be a "POST" (Power-on Self Test) problem or simply LCD problem.
Here are some steps that you can try. One of these may work on your case.
1. Remove the battery and the ac adapter then press the power button for at least 20 seconds to drain electric charges left from the system. (You may need to repeat this step to get it work.)
2. If above step doesn't work, try to plug in an external monitor and see if you get display from the external monitor. You may need to press the Fn + F4 or F5, depends on the key designed on the keyboard to toggle between displays.
3. If you get display from the external monitor, I'm sure your having problem with the LCD components. In this case, check and replace faulty LCD backlight, LCD cable or LCD inverter. The LCD inverter is often a culprit.
4. Try to reinsert the memory module/s (RAM) of the unit, try using one RAM at a time to see if it works. A faulty RAM will cause the laptop not to POST.
5. If reinserting the RAM doesn't help, most likely your motherboard needs to be replaced.
Hope this helps.
Jun 27, 2011 |
Sony VGNFZ220E/B VAIO FZ Series Notebook